Can we address Mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itoki228

05-16-2013

Mordekaiser at this point is that champion that everyone only plays in normals or just for fun. He has a lot of problems:

1. He has a really hard time sustaining in lane following the 5 health pot restriction. His spells cost health and there isn't any return on them until he gets spell vamp. In the early levels, his shield doesn't absorb much damage so he doesn't trade very well with other AP's who are typically ranged and can harass him quite easily. He's also melee which makes it quite hard to cs if the opponent knows how to harass, it ends up with him relying quite a bit on his spells. His kit is all AOE and this makes Mordekaiser a natural pushing champion but this doesn't tie in well with his other aspects. His starting items are limited at this point because of recent patches (move speed patch and health pot patch).

2. He has no CC. He's played as an AP mid but he has no CC in lane (Rylais gives some CC later) so he can't assist in ganks in terms of holding an enemy down. This lack of CC also ends up with him being kited around quite easily.

3. He has no escape apart from summoners, (CC counts as escape because it stops enemy champions imo) and that makes his pushing very dangerous without wards (I know you should have wards but mid lane requires 2 at all times to monitor all avenues of ganks and even then, some junglers can come from weird places, e.g. Zac, regardless of wards).

Pls Riot ;'(.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mordekaiser pls.jpg (56.3 KB, 213 views)

MugenNightmare

05-16-2013

Name:  1286844292072.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  29.1 KB

itoki228

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenNightmare View Post
Maybe if he could reach them.

MugenNightmare

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoki228 View Post
Maybe if he could reach them.
This is true ._.

Leaver

05-16-2013

morde is getting buffed this patch, it's all okay now

Nanoha Magica

05-16-2013

Westdoor plays him in GPL.

itoki228

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaver View Post
morde is getting buffed this patch, it's all okay now
He's getting his recommended items changed. ;'( hue

entropolution

05-16-2013

I'm not very experience but I can't do shiz vs him as diana. I know he's a counter but i'm not sure what to do against him.

I'd actually like some advice seeing as this is a morde thread with people who obviously understand the character more than i do.

He also seems incredibly tanky in team fights and seems to do a lot of dmg.

I can see his problem with ganks but I've seen him turn around ganks or at least trade many times bc of tankiness + dmg. I can also see where he does poorly against champs with a lot of range but do you think he fills a niche against melee opponents?

itoki228

05-16-2013

He only reaches that really strong stage if he gets to farm or gets fed but that's very hard at this point because his laning phase is really weak. If he gets ganked, he cant escape sadly.

The Jade Fist

05-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoki228 View Post
He only reaches that really strong stage if he gets to farm or gets fed but that's very hard at this point because his laning phase is really weak. If he gets ganked, he cant escape sadly.
Its ok he's not the one that needs to escape the gank. HUE