@Riot An Issue about the League System.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeaOfMadness

05-13-2013

Hi, I'm SeaOfMadness a Silver II average player, and I think that the League system has some issues that can be solved.

Warning: "Small Wall of Text incoming".

My point is that the league system as it is doesn't work really well. I know that you remove the ELO because people took it as a mesure of skill when sometimes it wasn't, and it was a "frustating system". However, I sometimes think that this "leagues" as a RANK system doesn't work.

I'll give you 3 examples:

First: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/36779833#history .
Thats a "Silver I" player that is actually ranking against people in Diamond I. His MMR is WAY out of Silver I, but as I think he dodges the promotion series he can stay in Silver I forever. (I really don't know what he does, or who he is I just find him as an example).

Second: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30129764#history .
Thats a "Silver V" player that is actually ranking against people in Bronze V / Bronze IV. His MMR is really Low to be Silver 5.

Third: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21071280#profile .
Now a Platinum 5 ranking with people in Silver III / Silver I.

If I dig more I think I can find more examples but I'm comfortable with 3.

So what's the deal?, Is this rank really representing this guys?.

To begin with, I really don't think so, personally there is no way I can't understand why people can't be demoted, it promotes ELO BOOST, that messes up with the system. In the end they will end like my example 3 but for some games they can ruin the game of some higher skilled players. It's really easy to "buy" an Elo Boost, theres even a website for this (http://elo-boost.net/).

Then ok, the guy in the 1st example does it on purpose. However, a few weeks ago I was playing against summoners in gold III and gold II being just a silver II player (I double checked they weren't duo queueing with a lower division player). Trying to carry agains't that people wasn't easy, I could actually carry 1 or 2 games but before I got my MMR down a little, loosing some games and start being matched against gold IV / Silver I people I wasn't able to wear my carry pants (I could play well at that level thought). It's harder to "climb up" because you are not being matched against your "pairs".

--------------------------------- The Solutions -----------------------------------------

1st: To avoid ELO BOOST, or people having some luck in their first 10 games and being in Silver 5 forever, I think you should be demoted when your MMR is really low for your division. (Examples: Silver 5 playing against Bronze 2 is not demotable, but Silver 5 playing against Bronce 4/5 is demotable. // Plat 5 playing against Silver III is REALLY demotable).

2nd: Just to help some buddies out easier, when a summoner has an MMR really high for his division he should be promoted without waiting to promotion series. (Examples: A silver III guy playing against Gold I people should be promoted to Gold V // A Silver I guy playing against Plat I people should be promoted at least to Plat V).

TL;DR: Read the Solutions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my native language so please grammar natzi people, correct my expresions and grammar to make my post look nicer.

Vilnius Belfast

05-13-2013

Well explained and I do agree with the solution number 2. I have seen many friends that struggle to get out from Bronze 1 and have failed, yet I know for a fact they play better than me. So, if you get your MMR high so you'll be matched with people way beyond your league or division, why not do the jump?

For example, a Silver division 2 being matched with only players from Gold 2 and 3. If he performs well and wins his matches, it seens reasonable that he gets inmidiatly promoted to Gold V.

Now, for the solution 1. I have mixed feelings with that and don't really see any good improvement, so I'm not really sure that will make the ranking system better or worse.

Anyways, good post! bump!

SeaOfMadness

05-13-2013

bump?

xRollbacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2013

lel

xRollbacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2013

Manija presentandose