So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenBlades

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebulder View Post
i wont lie, yes karma is now "better" from a gameplay stand point, how ever her character has been destroyed. Karma was about peace and protection of her allies, and all her abilities had the power to harm her attackers and help her team in some way. In her lore karma only took to aggression when pushed, the attempted genocide of her people pushed someone of an almost Gandhi like personality to kill and cut her enemies down. Her kit reflected all of this, and is most apparent in her passive. Karma was from a humble family, they ran a small antique shop and made just enough to live. Her fans were in my mind the symbol of this. Karma is not royalty, not a general trained in tactics and combat, she is the leader of a very spiritual nation who arose from the crowd to put an end to her nations suffering. I often pictured that when not fighting karma was helping the injured or feeding the hungry, suffering with her people. Now she looks like she came from royalty, or a very prestigious family, and "graced" her people who fight for there very right to live. To me Karma was more then a character in a video game, she was someone i wanted to be like, a role model the leader i wish i can be one day. I just hope that this is heard by riot, and maybe makes an impact on the any other champs that they decide to remake. Once again i am grateful that they took so much time and energy into this, so thank you riot for this but its just not the same.
^ This.

Her kit and lore together had the most depth out of any character in this game that i have seen, her backstory, wasnt just an excuse for her to be in the league, it was reflected in her gameplay, and now all of that was thrown away for... well for what?

7thHeaven

04-02-2013

Karma's suck

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.
You sir are an idiot...have a nice day

7thHeaven

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresin View Post
You sir are an idiot...have a nice day
Only idiot dont know they are idiot

Cheesyroll

04-07-2013

I'm just so disappointed.. Buffs wont fix this

7thHeaven

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.
support-mage with poor version skill of them

urmamasllama

04-08-2013

i finally figured out what scarizard did wrong when he approached the karma rework he came at her with the idea of making her squishy bursty when her former playstyle was closer to an ap bruiser. her old kit promoted building more durable and getting in the thick of it and her utility was geared toward supporting bruisers and clutch saves.

new karma can't get in the middle of the fight anymore nor can she make play off of her initiator as well since her shield bomb has much less oomph the loss. of her passive and % missing hp heal to allies meant she couldn't do those clutch saves at the brink of death that made her feel so rewarding. overall scarizard went in totally the wrong direction with this rework

deathmage390

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Quite frankly, having a kit that encourages you to be a low health to be more effective is both counter intuitive and troll-ish.

There are a few cases where it has worked (Olaf/Tryn) but only because of how limited they are by their melee nature. A ranged caster (a squishy concept) isn't the right place for that kind of mechanic. I appreciate how much you care, but that's not a great expenditure of our design and player-education dollars.
so if you think a counter intuitive ability is trollish why is evelynn's ult where it is. she is a assassin with incredibly weak defensive stats, yet you turned a large source of dmg into a team initiation skill. the shield is worthless unless you hit at least 3 people due to her defensive stats. also the dmg is negligible after you lower their hp to 2/3 due to current hp system. the slow realy doesn't do much. and finally the cd is 2.5 minutes (150s) to 1.5 minutes (90s) so by the time you use it you often have the 2nd lvl for it before it becomes active again. and unless you are trolling near fountain or something never get a thrid one before you get 2nd use.

TheRattleCage

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansana View Post
Karma is such a great champion and deserves to have a special skin. I was thinking about making Karma have skin that closely ties her to the weather. More specifically with rain. When first looking at Karma she reminded me of a similar pop star, Rihanna. One of my favorite songs of her is "Umbrella" and that's where my new skin idea came from. Having her Mantle Decorum be in the shape of a floating umbrella. Her Soul Flare would shoot lightening from the ground or air, however, you would prefer. Any ideas or thoughts.
Why would you bring this back up? We almost forgot about the rework that just made her worse.

I Am Tolan

05-11-2013

lets keep bumping !