The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greenwheel

05-11-2013

Superior tactics

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

05-11-2013
6 of 20 Riot Posts

Updates!

I have been consulting with the Pony on the issue.

We will be trying out a version where he can 'merge' the augments together by spending more gold.

Obviously this is an iteration and subject to change!

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

That sounds pretty awesome. Stats as well, or only the enhanced abilities?

EDIT: DAMN. Just accidentally downvoted. Don't want to send the wrong message; I really like that you're sharing some of the iteration process. Thanks, Solcrushed.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

05-11-2013
7 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
That sounds pretty awesome. Stats as well, or only the enhanced abilities?
Stats too, since one of the common complaints about Viktor is that the Core feels like a waste of a slot late game.

GhostStalker

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Updates!

We will be trying out a version where he can 'merge' the augments together by spending more gold.

Holy ****. That's crazy. What color would his staff be? haha!

Would you end up nerfing the stats on the merged item? If you do, I ask that you leave Death Augment affecting Death Ray alone, because I have to have that Augment in order to farm and harass really good.

Tortferngatr

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

Hmm. It's interesting--but any specifics? It would be easier to give feedback if we knew what other effects changed.

The Kha'Zix approach might be interesting but I'm still interested in the Evolution: X upgrades.

Greenwheel

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

Glorious.

Pianoman7117

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

Woo I suggested this at some point (not to say I was the only one to suggest it obviously)

Good to hear this possible change, I think it could work really well, and make it more customizable in what you actually do with Viktor.

Judge Arcadia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Quote:
Updates!

Oh. My. God. Tanky Viktor that would allow for using his W as a engage versus a Defesive tool? Im down for that Band wagon.

Though his problem would still be the scaling of his Hexcore, so unless the numbers get tweeked to allow for it to be better for late game, it'll still be hard pressed to find them useful.

GhostStalker

05-11-2013

Quote:
Stats too, since one of the common complaints about Viktor is that the Core feels like a waste of a slot late game.
Oh awesome. Also I Heard CertainlyT wants to cleanup Vector Targeting which affects Viktors Laser. Do you know anything about that?

In addition, are you going to make Viktors Q shield actually block meaningful damage? Most of the time I use it I lose trades because the shield doesn't return fast enough by the time to trade is done. Partially due to the projectile speed of his Q not being fast enough, partially because his Q range is very abysmal compared to mages he will lane against (even other close range mages).

Would it be possible to just let the Q shield be active at the start of the ability rather than the end? Or half and half?