@xelnath Don't change xerath.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyNinjah

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Firstly xelnath, what is the point in fixing what is not broken? He is a perfectly good champion and you have even stated yourself he has a good win ratio which pretty much means you agree his power is fine

So what is wrong with xerath then? Looking at what you've posted I can only say that what you believe is wrong with xerath is that he IS NOT POPULAR. You want him to be popular so you are changing him? Not only is that a waste of time it is a waste of effort xelnath not to mention how unneeded it is. As long as there is more than one champion there will always be champions on the less popular scale. In this case there is 100+ champions (I dont know how many there are) therefore there are going to be a lot on the less popular scale and it is likely there will be some super popular champions but just because xerath is on the low end of popularity you instantly believe there is something wrong with him? Then you proceed to listen to most of the players who have played about 10 games as xerath and tell you he is boring simply because they wrote him off as boring because they did not master him and actually see how fun landing the skill shots in the right situations can be. Don't fix what isn't broke.

What do you plan to do? From what I have read you basically intend to swap his R and W. Did you not listen to the people in the thread who say xerath can feel not fun because his moves aren't very responsive? You know nidalee's spear the one that makes a huge noise? That's what people wanted. They wanted the classic skin to be like the scorched earth xerath skin because the scorched earth skin has louder and bigger effects like his ultimate which makes small craters and has a nice magma explosion particle effect. I think that would be best for people so they can actually get into xerath when they first buy him and feel like they are playing the most powerful mage like the lore indicates. This could possibly increase his popularity but again don't fix what isn't broken. I think that swapping those two skills is pointless and could possibly weaken him late game/strengthen him to much in laning. It is not going to be an easy thing to pull of balance wise and might be even harder to do playstyle wise because you could easily turn him into a champ with a useless ult or at least feels useless/not very fun. Just imagine it; My cool as hell ultimate is me standing still and gaining bonuses. Yay. What would be even worse is if the bonuses were too small or too large so it completely unbalances him or have his arcane barrage(his new w) deal too much damage so he is like how ap yi used to be in laning phase except instead of having huge sustain he just pokes you out of lane. Whenever, wherever. Opponents would likely feel it is unfair and it might be impossible to beat without a good sustain champ due to the annoying 9 pots build being destroyed (Thank you guys that build was so lame). On the other hand you could turn his arcane barrage into an underwhelming skill so xerath players just feel like they are poking forever without much effect. The wrongest part of this for me is turning that awesome ultimate into the thing people hate most: His siege mode. When I play xerath I pretty much live just to release that ultimate and kill everything, you build up to it and then finally release the arcane barrage and it feels great on the S.E.X skin.

So if this is all so wrong then what should xelnath do? In all honesty I'd say to leave him alone. He is not broken. No one seems to mind him being around. People hardly ever talk about him actually until xelnath made the thread "Lets talk about xerath" but I want to say let's not talk about xerath. How about we just leave him alone because he is perfectly fine. But if you really must change him because you have to do something about your favourite champion and his popularity issues I'd say changing his W(locus of power) into something that feels more like siege mode since thats what everyone calls it. There was a recommendation from another thread to make him immune to cc in it. I think this would be great but I would also recommend changing his passive into something that adds an extra playstyle for him but does not force it on you so you can still play him how he used to be. I would honestly just say to leave him though since I firmly believe he is fine and I would love for you to tell me what exactly is wrong with him because there is nothing wrong with a champion not being popular.

Honestly the main reason I made this post is because it's been bugging me how he is so intent on changing xerath when he does not need changing. I also do not want him to be changed it angers me just thinking about xelnath screwing him up or even just screwing with him. Also he seems to be in the mindset that most of the people saying not to change xerath are duplicate accounts. So I thought I'd type out another huge wall of text for him like I did in his thread but hopefully this time he wont ignore me.

]TL;DR: Xelnath wants to change xerath. It may ruin balance. May ruin his play style. May be too hard to pull of balance and play style wise. May annoy other players. Xerath is not broken. Why does he need to be fixed? This is not a very good tldr so if you plan on judging the thread just be this go somewhere else. In fact if you are only reading the tldr you clearly don't care much so please go to another thread because this thread is not for you. It is for people who care about xerath and xelnath himself.
Sorry if I seem rude I'm just not in a good mood about xelnath's determination to change xerath. Also sorry if I am inaccurate anywhere in the post and please correct me if I am.


EDIT: Xelnath these are the features that are:
Memorable: His range. His visual concept. His locus of power and the ultimate.
Unique: His range. The combo(weqr). His visual concept. His locus of power and the ultimate.
Overtuned: Dont know what you mean by this xelnath please clarify.
Lacking Counterplay: Well all of his ablities are pretty much skillshots but a good xerath will hit most of these skillshots so I don't really know? I would not say he is lacking counterplay honestly, assassins or anyone with a gap closer can mess him up at close range if they dont just stand in one place and melee expecting xerath not to him them. I guess a good player against a good xerath would do fairly well dodging the skillshots? I'm not so sure. Staying out of his e range always works as well and if you want you can stay out of his q range till his w is over. Seen it done before works fairly well.
Well done: His uniqueness because pretty much every part of him is unique to me anyway. I also love the ultimate.
Please note xelnath that I have listed pretty much all of his skills except his passive because it is underwhelming. It is useful late game but it does not support fun gameplay, it is quite a stale passive. His e could be improved, some people complain about it nothing having enough range which I don't mind because it is not that big of a problem for me usually but it could be improved. I know I am being quite difficult but really I feel that he is completely fine. If you really must some changing to is W and passive and possibly E if you have a really cool and fun idea of how to make it more interesting rather than having it as a "Get this, you need it" skill.

EDIT2: For anyone who is wondering xelnath's thread can be found here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3424065
I'd also like to say that if you look on GD even with xelnath's recent topic of him it is the the only thread about xerath on the first page of GD (I think).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SysreqVaries

Member

05-11-2013

You're pretty much describing Lux with your features. Lux probably has comparable range to Xerath not in seige mode (even if not, her bubble slows and can check bushes). Xerath's combo is similar to Lux's. Snare, bubble, laser with aas thrown in for her passive. Like, the idea is essentially the same. It's not unique to Xerath at all. The only thing unique to Xerath IMHO is his seige mode ult and his concept as you said.

I mean, I agree that Xerath is in a relatively decent place, but he could probably use some kit tweaks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyNinjah

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysreqVaries View Post
You're pretty much describing Lux with your features. Lux probably has comparable range to Xerath not in seige mode (even if not, her bubble slows and can check bushes). Xerath's combo is similar to Lux's. Snare, bubble, laser with aas thrown in for her passive. Like, the idea is essentially the same. It's not unique to Xerath at all. The only thing unique to Xerath IMHO is his seige mode ult and his concept as you said.

I mean, I agree that Xerath is in a relatively decent place, but he could probably use some kit tweaks.
Everyone knows lux and xerath are ridiculously similar but xerath just feels different to me when I play him. With xerath I usually end up doing way more positioning work and way more aiming while poking. Lux just feels easy compared to xerath but I feel that xerath is more powerful early and late and is harder to play which i prefer. Lux has more utility, xerath has more aoe damage. Though yes they are similar xerath has a completely different playstyle even though they have some things the same. The idea is essentially the same, that is true but the way the idea is executed is different for each champion which makes xerath's playstyle unique even though the design may not be unique. Also he isn't in a "relatively decent place". Balance wise he is a strong mage if you ever see a decent xerath you will easily see why, the only problem which xelnath is trying to tackle is his popularity which is not actually a problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SysreqVaries

Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNinjah View Post
Everyone knows lux and xerath are ridiculously similar but xerath just feels different to me when I play him. With xerath I usually end up doing way more positioning work and way more aiming while poking. Lux just feels easy compared to xerath but I feel that xerath is more powerful early and late and is harder to play which i prefer. Lux has more utility, xerath has more aoe damage. Though yes they are similar xerath has a completely different playstyle even though they have some things the same. The idea is essentially the same, that is true but the way the idea is executed is different for each champion which makes xerath's playstyle unique even though the design may not be unique. Also he isn't in a "relatively decent place". Balance wise he is a strong mage if you ever see a decent xerath you will easily see why, the only problem which xelnath is trying to tackle is his popularity which is not actually a problem.
See, what I'm getting from this is that you don't want him changed because he's more difficult to play, which is exactly what Xelnath said.

From his most recent post in the thread: "This generic feedback says either: "I'm comfortable with him." "I like playing a champion other people don't understand" "I like playing him as a ranged assassin." or just "I like playing a champion who is hard to control". "

So, there's nothing super unique about Xerath, he's just kind of Lux but with more positioning and an AOE ult as opposed to a big ass laser (which needs positioning).

And when I said "relatively decent place," I meant balance-wise, so I'm glad we agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyNinjah

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysreqVaries View Post
See, what I'm getting from this is that you don't want him changed because he's more difficult to play, which is exactly what Xelnath said.

From his most recent post in the thread: "This generic feedback says either: "I'm comfortable with him." "I like playing a champion other people don't understand" "I like playing him as a ranged assassin." or just "I like playing a champion who is hard to control". "

So, there's nothing super unique about Xerath, he's just kind of Lux but with more positioning and an AOE ult as opposed to a big ass laser (which needs positioning).

And when I said "relatively decent place," I meant balance-wise, so I'm glad we agree.
Yeah there is nothing super unique about him but you cant deny that he does have some uniqueness which should be kept. If what xelnath plans to do goes through do you know what people will call him? Nidalee and lux's child because of he will have annoying poke and high range. And yeah I dont want him changed because he is more difficult to play and I find that more enjoyable + I don't want him to change(I don't want the champion that I'm used to and I like to change into something else). I'm afraid that if he changes I won't like his playstyle anymore and I'm also afraid they will screw his decent balance up but what you said is true but there aren't many champions in league that are actually really unique probably because there are so many champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elmekia

Senior Member

05-11-2013

Please don't change him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaladinMagnus

Junior Member

05-30-2013

Xerath is fine the way he is... +1. It is a different style of play which people find boring but those of us who love it, love it. Why should Xerath be a super popular character like Trynd Xin or Jax? There will always be unpopular champs and this one is a hidden gem that people are too impatient to learn.