Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
The totality of Old Sejuani did not result in "overpowered".
Actually, she did.

The problem is, her early game SUCKED.

Kind of like how Kayle's early game SUCKED, but if you played her right, she turned into a hypercarry.
Luckily, Sejuani didn't have a OP FotM past so no one explored her to that extent.

And the numerous threads I've seen of vocal pre-rework Sejuani mains complaining about the W damage nerfs prove this. She had a lot of power, but she was not user-friendly.
It took a lot of work to learn her, too much for most - But for those who did, she was OP (or at least borderline so).

You're just another player who found Sejuani underwhelming because you enjoy strong early games and didn't look further.

Seriously, stop. Knowing about Sejuani's W damage is the bare minimum to understanding why she was reworked, and you didn't even know that much. You don't know ****, don't pretend like you do.

You thought it was her ultimate - Which is complete nonsense.

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Actually, she did.

The problem is, her early game SUCKED.
She was so "overpowered" that not only was she buffed multiple times (how much did that do?) then reworked, but apparently this "overpower" lead to her 'early game' 'sucking'.

I'm not sure you know what "overpowered" means.

It doesn't mean "this one skill here has slightly higher damage, wow".

Mirror

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Personally, no, because one is an armor shred, two don't scale with auto attacks at all, and one is a both a gap closer as well as an AS steroid. Does Kassadin feel bad for Riftwalking over a wall without dealing damage?
You're terrible at this. Let Xypherous be the designer.

blackraven1425

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
1. Vector targetting is kind of an awkard targeting paradigm, in general, when you're using a mouse. It's something like a minimum combined 3/4 inputs where most other spells can be condensed into 1 - which always makes Vector targetting weird.
First time using him, before I tried Rumble, I had no problem with smartcasting it. I think if you did a tutorial where you showed different input styles used for different types of moves, this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Absolute 42

05-11-2013

Night, Xypherous. Really appreciate your effort to bring us info and engage with our concerns it's part of what makes Riot great.

I know you are going to be trying some crazy stuff with melee adcs. I don't think the reverse bruiser path is the only or even the best route. I just want you to try "skillful tankiness" as a gameplay hook for them. So many champions ask players to engage in "skillful damage." This could break the mold. Maybe it ends up a sucky idea, but it could be great!

blackraven1425

05-11-2013

Quote:
2. Self-Shields being enhanced by spirit visage? While potentially dangerous because of how powerful it is - it could be a decent change. Spirit Visage would have to become pricier or less stat-efficient but it's not a bad idea.
Sounds terrible to me, considering MR itemization already sucks.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

05-11-2013
36 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
It's awesome and someone else stealing MK's thunder should be shot.

Much like Anivia's Passive.
Brilliant idea! Xerath now gets Anivia's passive.

Let's give Kha'zix Anivia passive too while I'm at it...

Super Explosion

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Brilliant idea! Xerath now gets Anivia's passive.

Let's give Kha'zix Anivia passive too while I'm at it...
You should give Kog'Maw Anivia's passive.

turulHAARP

05-11-2013

Can we expect nerfs to Spirit of the Spectral Wrath,Spirit of the Elder Lizard and Spirit of the Ancient Golem?
Because they are pretty damn too strong at the moment.
Specrtal gives too much lifesteal,even laners buying it.Vladimir,Diana and i am pretty sure they don't need such a cost effective item with 20% lifesteal.
Elder Lizard gives too much dmg for it's cost.Yeah the true dmg might be invisible but it's there and it will build up in longer fights and it will hurt a lot.Though a little gold increase might solve this problem.
Ancient golem gives too much tenacity.It allows to skip Merc thread in favor for Boots of Mobility.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

05-11-2013
37 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
You should give Kog'Maw Anivia's passive.
Brilliant! Riot let's name Ziggs explosion after him!