Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamtehLoLrus

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
More like, Tryndamere's Spinning Slash mixed with Alpha Strike, but you could only aim the skill shot towards an enemy champion.

There'd be a circle/oval around the enemy champions nearby, and you'd need to point the linear-indicator toward them for it to be castable.
That sounds like it would feel terrible mechanically. I understand what your saying, but why not just make it a really wide hard to miss skill shot?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Night, Xypherous.

EDIT:

And I think maybe the answer IS that they need another dash.

Vayne is only barely viable while always staying in auto-attack range because she has a 2 second cooldown dash, a knock-back, AND stealth/per-tumble while her ult is active.
That's a ton amount of survivability to make her work with her below average range and reliance on auto-attack DPS while others have ability-damage, cc, and/or utility.

So for Master Yi or Fiora to work, there'd need to be a lot more repositioning power, imo.
Or some way to slip through the high magic-damage.

Otherwise, you have to give Yi and Fiora a team-fight survival ability like Tryndamere.

Examples:
-Making Meditate into a mana-costly toggle that heals Master Yi, boosts his defenses, AND renders him immune to cc.
-Making Riposte able to deflect spells (would certainly breath new life into her lore. A swordsman who can slice through fireballs)

If those aren't appealing options, your suggested direction: Making them less reliant on auto-attacks and have more power from abilities would probably be the only way to go then.

I like the idea of making them more assassin/caster-oriented. AP Yi is hilarious, making AD Yi more similar would be cool.
So long as we can still build Infinite Edge on him, I'd be happy. ^_^

Super Explosion

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Sejuani was overpowered before the remake
Nope. Her ult was very powerful, but the champion almost certainly wasn't.

Not sure what you're using to say this.

The issue with New Karma isn't really her balance.

It's that she is a new champion that another one was deleted for who preserves little to none of the design goals that her fans enjoyed and which added diversity to the game.

Buddhist aesthetic? Gone.

Story of calm stalwart resistance toward peace? Gone.

All dualistic abilities supporting those? Nope.

She's just another Lissandra now, only seemingly not as well-planned.

Vonriel

05-10-2013

Quote:
Okay okay... I need to eat foods and then possibly pass out. Sorry guys - Not going to be responding any more to this thread - Night all.
Damnit. And here I wanted to derail the current conversation by asking about Youmuu's. Oh well.

Xypherous, I don't know when you'll get around to seeing this (if at all) but you still are my favorite red poster. I've said it before and will again, I love the the insight into design I get every time you talk to us, and I'm always wanting to learn more about the process.

VoidInsanity

05-10-2013

Quote:
I know Mordekaiser does pretty well win-rate wise - he's just super binary which causes everyone to think he's far weaker than he is.
Mordekaisers Power is not the problem, its that he can't use that power that is the problem. He has a high win rate in the lower levels because players are not smart enough to "not duel him" so they run into him head first, which results in them eating his entire combo.

In higher level games however, Mordekaiser has no way of using that combo because his kit has no Synergy. If I want to get into melee range as Mordekaiser to use my combo I have no way of doing so outside of asking the enemy politely to stand still and not CC me.

Flames of Rage

05-10-2013

Quote:
I feel like the kit has a much better flow to it - but I still wish we kept two mantra charges.

Okay okay... I need to eat foods and then possibly pass out. Sorry guys - Not going to be responding any more to this thread - Night all.
I'm not even a Karma player, but when I watch my brother or any other Avid Karma player, I feel like having 2 charges would be the best way to smooth her out, then number changes would be easy. The only real change I recommend as a non-Karma player. It just feels right.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Nope. Her ult was very powerful, but the champion almost certainly wasn't.

Not sure what you're using to say this.
He's saying that because it's mathematically true.

And I'm sure of why you're referencing her ultimate. You don't know ---- about Sejuani. It's her W that made her statistically overpowered, not her ultimate.

Super Explosion

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
He's saying that because it's mathematically true.

Sejuani's W was a ridiculously powerful skill.

And I'm sure of why you're referencing her ultimate. You don't know ---- about Sejuani.
Dude, you can claim that a single skill is 'mathematically powerful', but that obviously and completely ignores the factors of use in the game.

The totality of Old Sejuani did not result in "overpowered".

LightEcho

05-10-2013

Quote:
If that were the case, Yi would already be viable because people could show how awesome they were with how well they can control their right-clicks.
To be fair Yi can't orb walk because if you try you'll end up canceling most of his attacks since they apply damage post animation. That being said Yi has other viablitiy issues working against him. Honestly he should probalby have a better auto attack frame, as it stands he can't do continous damage without red buff or if someone is stuoid enough to fight him directly.

That said I think there is a lot more subtly to pure auto attack melee champions than you suggest. Because they are inherently squishy, they need to choose their openings very carefully. Things like use of gap closers varies greatly between a skill played and a novice.

It certainly doesn't help that existing melee carries utilize kill reset mechanics and endless rage generally things that take much more skill to counter play than to utilize. Red buff also eliminates any of skill its inherently takes to get melee character to fully utilize their damage.

As for the viability of Yi, he honestly isn't that bad, assuming he doesn't fall behind or make his team fall behind. I think touched on this earlier but he lanes poorly, partially because auto attackers trade poorly, partially because no one will ever fight him when he ults, and partially because his only escape tool is his ult.

In the jungle he fairs much better, but he has itemization issues because of the lack of gold. He farms well but will need to either take cs from lanes or pull off successful ganks(usually counter ganks since he is better at those). The real issue with jungle yi is that his lack of pressure on the lanes can often lead to his team falling behind. Also most teams rely on their jungler for initiation and Yi quite simply doesn't provide any. He certainly situational but he has been fairly decent ever since his cast times were updated.

Also just to clarify I used Jarvan and Gangplank as examples because they are very solid orb walkers not because they are ad carries in anyway.

DemiluniS

05-10-2013

Xypherous, can you shed some light on leblanc? She's among the lowest win rate and pick rate at all levels of play, and she was in this state for a very long time and nothing is done about it. The latest akali chages and the care she's getting is pretty annoying because as she gets out of flavor Riot immidiately begin to work how to fix her when leblanc stays in a worst spot for much longer!
Lately Morello I think said that leblanc wins her opponent with rough power instead of actually outplaying it, and some work going on her augments, but do you think it's the only thing she needs in the moment?