Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

05-10-2013
21 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Do you ever think that an ultimate that stops auto attacks doesn't fit on a champion who has literally every single ability powered by auto attacks
Personally, no, because one is an armor shred, two don't scale with auto attacks at all, and one is a both a gap closer as well as an AS steroid. Does Kassadin feel bad for Riftwalking over a wall without dealing damage?

Sayath

05-10-2013

@ Hexten: I see some use cases for the new shroud. I have the habit of using sight wards to do the same thing on live. It's nice, but whether it will replace me using the sight ward I wonder. Using it over the wall as an escape tool (monster camp) can backfire when there is no monster present. But I wouldn't consider it useless.

@ Xypherous:
Adding more skilled moves to Akali's kit makes her more fun to play in my opinion. Giving her more counterplay at low elo allows her to be more powerful at Diamond and above which I appreciate.

So from my perspective this is actually a 'buff' compared to the old S2 version.

Our concern is rather how long this is going to take to be implemented. As far as I understand changing Master Yi and Akali is your (and Statikk's) current priority, correct?

So maybe let's help each other out....

We would really like to be involved in your thought process in adding new cool tricks to her kit. So maybe, please - I know you are busy - find the time and talk to us about it. I'm happy discussing anything really. I want to be a part of the process.

So if you find the time, have a new addition to Akali, just head here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3402930

Statikk was rather pleased, see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
Statikk would you please keep us updated on the progress of adding more depth to Akali? Your posts alleviate a lot of my personal concerns. Your insight is very helpful. Please keep going. I know you are a busy, but these posts add value.

I do believe a constructive discussion with the community can help you out in your line of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yeah I really appreciate how you've carried yourself in this thread. I have tons of respect for everyone who contributes positively in the community, and I think you've done that here for sure.

I'll try to be more active on the forums again (it's definitely super time consuming, for example I've already spent the first hour at work here just reading and posting in this thread). This was a really insightful experience not just on what Akali players want but it also helped me better understand why we haven't had success at balancing our squishy melee champions.

ShroudedGlory

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
My thought is basically that a Melee ADCs should not be more reliant on autoattacks than their ranged counterparts - given the cost of an autoattack on a Melee ADC is much much higher than the cost of an autoattack on a Ranged ADC.

I guess the short form is: Melee ADCs should rely on both attacks and spells to carry.
Will Aatrox be an Example of the future standard for Melee ADCs?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

05-10-2013
22 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Will Aatrox be an Example of the future standard for Melee ADCs?
I don't really even know if Aatrox is a Melee ADC. With lifesteal and a revive - it seems like you just want to build like a fighter.

hashinshin

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Well that's actually irrelevant in Wukong's case since his ult does very comparable damage to what his autoattacks would give him.

Why do you think it's a problem?
Look at it as a logic train.

Wukong's gap closer increases auto attack speed. Somewhere down the line Wukong did not get power else where or lost power (probably from his base stats which suck) because he has an attack speed steroid.

Wukong's Q shreds armor. As above, somewhere he didn't get power or got it removed because he has this effect.

Wukong in reality presses W, presses E, and then presses R. He never even uses his attack speed because it just ticks off while he's in ult, and he doesn't use his Q because enemies can walk out of his ult range during the animation for it.

So Wukong would ACTUALLY BE STRONGER if they removed his attack speed buff.

Super Explosion

05-10-2013

Quote:
I don't really even know if Aatrox is a Melee ADC. With lifesteal and a revive - it seems like you just want to build like a fighter.
Perhaps only when he becomes Ranged.

Vonriel

05-10-2013

Quote:
Since we don't use STR/AGI and we don't give tankiness - the goal is to figure out how to make glass work - because highly defensive characters that deal damage obviously work and don't need more help.
Someone in the @Morello thread had an interesting idea, and I was wondering if you'd give your take on it. As I recall, because I'm too lazy to look it up myself it went:

Make melee carries reverse bruisers. That is, since bruisers have ability-gated damage, and item-based tankiness, make melee carries have ability-gated tankiness, and item-based damage.

Badger Beater

05-10-2013

Just wanted to say thank you and all the other Rioters that actually work in development for talking with your community. I love seeing these threads and reading about your processes.

Anyway...

Quote:
It's awesome and someone else stealing MK's thunder should be shot.

Much like Anivia's Passive.
How do you feel about Aatrox's passive then? Its worded to act similar to these two in the "death defying" regard (though obviously I can't know how it actually works).

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-10-2013

Are you guys going to try and help karma more? She's still one of the most underplayed/lowest win ratio champs out there.

Yago Xiten

05-10-2013

Quote:
To be fair, though, who doesn't want to build like a Fighter?

They get everything for free, mobility, utility, durability, damage, good looks....