Why do we get the threads from Riot asking what is wrong with a champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well, for me, the pet-peeves are kind of like 'Man, isn't his Ult just Monkey King's ult with Tenacity?' There's different visuals, to be sure - but somehow, that's even more aggravating in some ways - but I don't quite know why it bothers me so much.

It could also be related to - Ask me how I feel about Monkey King's ultimate. :P
how do you feel about Monkey King's ultimate? :P

Yago Xiten

05-10-2013

Oh, and yeah, someone mentoined Viktor and vector targetting.

I'd prefer if the first click anchored the start, and the next click set the direction, rather than this click and hold thing. It makes it too easy to swivel around and miss horribly. I do that miss thing because of the aiming method, all the time.

hashinshin

05-10-2013

Also, what if, and lets just think here for a second...

Maw didn't suck and was comparable in power to hourglass? What if there was more damage/tank itemization so Udyr/Wukong/Etc. could be played as they want to be played?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

05-10-2013
19 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
how do you feel about Monkey King's ultimate? :P
It's awesome and someone else stealing MK's thunder should be shot.

Much like Anivia's Passive.

Quote:
Maw didn't suck and was comparable in power to hourglass? What if there was more damage/tank itemization so Udyr/Wukong/Etc. could be played as they want to be played?
No, the goal isn't to make STR based carries ala DoTA, who are basically invulnerable to less than 3 people when they turn on.

Since we don't use STR/AGI and we don't give tankiness - the goal is to figure out how to make glass work - because highly defensive characters that deal damage obviously work and don't need more help.

Super Explosion

05-10-2013

Quote:

How do you feel about Garen's Judgement?

hashinshin

05-10-2013

Quote:

Do you ever think that an ultimate that stops auto attacks doesn't fit on a champion who has literally every single ability powered by auto attacks?

#ReasonswhyZacissomuchbetterthanWukong

Rivini

05-10-2013

Quote:
(AKA - why I keep pushing for more Lulu nerfs)
You monster.

hashinshin

05-10-2013

Also Zac's passive is so much worse than Anivia's passive it's like da fuq. Sometimes I feel Zac's passive would be better off removed since all it ever does is infuriate me as to how useless it is.

Super Explosion

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Do you ever think that an ultimate that stops auto attacks doesn't fit on a champion who has literally every single ability powered by auto attacks?

#ReasonswhyZacissomuchbetterthanWukong
Well that's actually almost irrelevant in Wukong's case since his ult does very comparable damage to what his autoattacks would give him.

Why do you think it's a problem?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

05-10-2013
20 of 40 Riot Posts

Quote:
Maybe - but at the end of the day, MK's ult is basically what allows him to function in team fights - it fits into the pattern of the game really well - It allows him to do what he needs to do in the 3/4 seconds of a team fight - die, and still feel good about it, without the continuous cost that autoattacking brings to a melee.

It also means that in a one on one scenario, his autoattack patterns can be brought to light - and thus he can duel other AA fighters equally. Although this kind of a given, seeing as how he's also a fighter with high defensive / offensive mix.

So, while it doesn't make sense from a kit perspective - in terms of what kinds of power he needs when he needs it, it actually functions rather well from an overall game perspective.