An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muffinmanifesto

05-08-2013

In every picture, there seems to be a mountain? But from what I can gather, Ionia is rather flat and the Great Barrier's peaks aren't pointed. Is it possible the Ionians used to not live on Ionia? I'd recommend checking somewhere between Freljord and the Ironspike Mountains. See if you can find a monument or memorial of this "hero."

On a second note, why would you want to look into this? I feel like running into this... thing in a bad mood might not serve your best interests.

DarkFuzz3825

05-08-2013

Here's my second theory:

Mentioning the urn found in the tomb of the Shurima Desert brought me to a strange thought: hey, Amumu was found in a tomb as well (well, a pyramid to be exact, but pyramids were tombs back then). How coincidental that Amumu doesn't remember who he is and he often found roaming alone with no friends, similar to how no one knows who this other guy is and he is often depicted appearing all of a sudden by himself. Pharaohs were often in control of the armies in Egypt, so Amumu could've been this famous leader, only this time capable of leading everybody.

But there are a lot of plot holes to this theory. For instance, how could lovable Amumu have ever been this dark, feared commander? For that, we can stretch the story of Malzahar to some pretty extreme lengths. He wandered the Shurima Desert for a while until he happened upon an obelisk. Around the obelisk were idols of dark, horrific gods, one of them possibly being this new guy in question. What his “malefic visions” at that moment could have been was this shady figure bestowing upon him powers of the Void. The spiritual manifestation of Amumu (his physical one still inside the tomb) plagued Malzahar with these dark callings of the Void taking over everything.

What I conclude from this is that this new guy is the leader of the Void, which explains why he can spawn strange creatures like Cho’Gath, Kha’zix, and Kog’Maw. This explains why he is able to pop up literally everywhere in Runeterra as he is able to Riftwalk, like Kassadin, to different areas, lending his aid to whichever battle needed it the most (ultimate gank FTW!) While he was doing this, he was secretly immortalizing himself as a god to these warriors, beginning to corrupt them and turning them into savage fighters. Now the final part of his plan is to reappear once again amongst the chaos to unite all those who worshipped him as a general under the name of the Void, which fulfills Malzahar’s dark prophecy of the Void eventually taking control over Valoran.

Why he died, I have no idea, but the ancient Shurima civilization was somehow able to take his body and seal him inside a pyramid. Sometime in between his death and his burial, his soul separated from his body, and this is why the newly manifested Amumu has no idea who he is and strangely enough has no dark energies around him. His soul, however, descended into the Void, waiting for the opportunity to make his comeback. His soul resided near the obelisk, likely an ancient Shurima worship place, and when Malzahar, who was probably the first person in centuries to have approached it, neared the obelisk, the soul found an opportunity to strike.

LSTheGeneral

Recruiter

05-08-2013

I do wonder if Nasus has seen this figure before, or even Vladimir. They are not exactly the youngest pair...

Dr Sexxxi

05-08-2013

bat champion? Dammit zubat, youre EVERYWHERE

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

The first of the Watchers? or a new void champion?

Tatanabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2013

It's the guardian statue at the spawn point.

MasterDeviouss

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sexxxi View Post
bat champion? Dammit zubat, youre EVERYWHERE
no, we already have enough batmans in this league

Floran

05-08-2013

Could this figure from all the ancient works be a demon? If so you could possible talk to Kayle or Morgana about it since they are angels?

Omnidestrophic

05-08-2013

Some say there is no way to predict the next major battle. I say it will be at the Howling Abyss when the watchers return. And i am sure this guy will be there, If not participating, he will be watching.

NorthWind19

Recruiter

05-08-2013

Maybe its the watcher that Lasandra is trying to awaken.