For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your***** View Post
tl:dr

but im going to assume the usual content with the usual "dont rage and be nice" threads. see i did read what you said about season 1. how you were stuck in elo hell. in the other seasons, you got higher, but did not get far above that until you improve your attitude.

hes the thing. there is a strong difference between bronze and other tiers. im not talking about skill level. its something more crucial and its what you picked out. teamwork. in higher ranks, even when they do bad, they know they need to work as a team. you dont get to those ranks without intrinsically knowing that. with lower ranks at 900 or so elo, it literally is no matter how hard you try, your team controls your fate. i know who you are targeting with this thread and it may apply to some people. but not to the most of us. when someone does bad, we dont out right go rage rage rage. ill admit we do show a bit of frustration like "dude wtf happened up there" or 'omfg dude wtf didnt u do {something}". but then we usually follow up with "okay, lets just play it safe" or some other advice so that they can play better and be more useful to the team. but heres the thing, you will usually get responded with the response "stfu and play ur own champ", "omfg stop talking", "this {player} talks to much", "more playing less talking", etc. how do u communicate in a team game without talking and how do you win a team game without TEAM cooperation? so im sorry to tell you this, but i think your story only applies to a couple of people. not saying it wont improve their play, but for most people, it will be useless and marginal. because heres the thing, even if i talk super nice like they will still give the same response. "its ok {player}, just do better next time. you should do {something}". i would take all that effort to type that out (cause talking super extra nice requires more characters) they will stilll give the same response.

heres what i think, at a certain tier when you realize your not advancing as far, maybe it does have somthing to do with you, but im not at that tier yet. but in bronze, i find it hard to believe that this works because i have tried and i was in that position. i understand winning my lanes mean nothing and that team cooperation matters. i understand that even if bot loses, i will still try to win the game with them so long as i can cooperate with them and they try to cooperate with me. but the bottom line is LoL is a casual game and riot has no way to influence bronze players to care more. i mean i try to organize the team in champ select and ppl tell me to stfu.
Sure some situations you cant expect positive responses because people are arrogant.. but if you meet the negativity with positivity of your own you are more likely to become the guy your teammates listen to when it comes down to it. You have to LEAD your team to victory by making the right choices and persuading them to follow..

One bad decision and they forget about ALL the good you did before.. So dont make those BIG mistakes..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexgar View Post
I think everyone should read this, and I don't mean skim, I mean READ this.

Great post, really REALLY amplifies what I've already been thinking to myself about my ranked experiences.

Looking forward to seeing you play sometime.
Im at work now so not sure when i can find time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschomb View Post
Would it be okay if I told you that I loved you?
Because I do.
I love you.
I love you too / /


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
Wait, so why is everyone buying so far into this thread? Anyone above 1100 elo could tell you everything that was just said, not to mention the multiple logic flaws and fallacies throughout it. If he were really 2100 elo then he would have had a platinum forum badge. Obviously he wasn't gold either since he doesn't have that badge either. He is just a middle of the road player like the rest of us. So what have we learned? The method doesn't work (or at least the original poster isn't applying it) for he still rests at silver elo. This game isn't about self improvement. It's a random mix of luck and skill. Also that "simple math" section at the end? I can pull imaginary numbers out of nowhere too.

SIr you have seems to miss the ENTIRE point of this post, and i doubt that you really read it. There is a picture underneath the thread SHOWING me at gold 1.. Lots of people have multiple accounts.. This account just happens to be the oldest one i have so it is naturally going to be my forum account..

The method does work.. I streamed a carry from 900 elo to 1700 elo 4 times on 4 different accounts that were donated to me for the purpose.. As proof that it is possible and quite easy.. If you are a positive leader who makes little to no mistakes (learn from the ones you do..) you WILL gain points/teirs/divisions... This game is not rocket science it is the player faults elements that make it seem hard.. But mathematically if you are good you will go up.

Im not saying you will always win.. Im also not saying you wont go on streaks.. But i am saying if you play better than your elo you will gain more points than you lose and that is all that matters...

Everyone fluctuates within about 100 to 200 points of their TRUE elo.. But they always go back. This does work all i am saying is that you have to keep on trucking.

And theoretical numbers are quite a different thing than made up numbers my friend.. If you are arent gaining points and you remain positive.. Then perhaps you need to improve yourself as a player mechanics wise and game sense.....

Reading ANY post wont make you win all of your games... The will to improve is what will make you win more games. Most people learn differently and i assume you are one of those guys who is either learning wrong or not at all.. You cant just play a game and get better past a certain point. You have to put the time in to recognize the subtle mistakes that you make.. and you cant do this without actually watching your gameplay through replays or whatever... if you arent gaining points the problem isnt the team it is you..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-08-2013
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Okay morello, I like you and support you a lot, but really? Someone saying "I like league but the concept of depending on unreliable teammates is distasteful to me; I would like a mode where I can legitimately play solo" gets the response of (effectively) "that doesn't matter, find friends/put up or shut up"? I am disappoint

I was giddy when I saw the 1v1/2v2 map leak. I thought it meant Riot was finally recognizing how boneheaded the idea of solo queue is, or at least trying to help satisfy the parts of the playerbase that (knowingly or not) hate being 10% of a game's outcome. Come to hear it was just a showmap for LCS and Riot was missing the point? That hurt more than the year and a half and counting Dominion has been ignored.
No, I think it's trying to make football into a solo game. That game is fine, but it's called "catch" and it's something you do to mess around - I'd be OK with a mess-around 1v1, but never a serious game for League.

You want the game to be something different than the very things that make League engaging and sticky.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-08-2013
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksonraksonraks View Post
honestly im starting to do just that... even though the people im playing with are all bronzies, i at least know what im getting into.

in ranked, i expect other gold players to know what theyre doing, but every time that isnt the case.

i like how you say "then do X" instead of aknowledging the flaws of this game and maybe thinking of a way to fix them. but then again, this is a cash cow, so why fix it when people are paying for it anyways?
The flaws are a team game requires teamwork? I think you're, instead, expecting the game to cater just to you and your tastes. This is the exact core attitude that the OP talks about! :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, I think it's trying to make football into a solo game. That game is fine, but it's called "catch" and it's something you do to mess around - I'd be OK with a mess-around 1v1, but never a serious game for League.

You want the game to be something different than the very things that make League engaging and sticky.
Add that Lava Map into Custom Games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-08-2013
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
I don't know about that. FPS games allow you to rely on your own individual skill a lot more than MOBAs do.
True, though TF2 has less "carry" potential due to some of its design though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLLeaver

Senior Member

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.


LOL!! So wait a minute...

"You don't deserve to win just because you win your lane." Yet in SOLO queue all your teammates are random, so you're basically admitting solo queue is mostly luck? LOL Logic 101.