For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksonraksonraks View Post
is it really "working" for it when its out of reach?

lately i've been playing in a lot of 5 man premades with a bunch of friends who are stuck in bronze. depending on what role i play, i can only carry them so much. so many games i know i did my part, but i cant make up for the shortcomings of my friends. i mean hell, sometimes i have to pretty much play other peoples champs for them while in skype by calling out what they need to be doing. hell sometimes i have to remind my adc to auto attack -_- and not just use abilities. thats how bad it gets.

in some matches you have to do much more than "work" for your victory. and a lot of the time its just not even possible to get a victory, when it has nothing to do with you.

When you're playing matchmade games, your allies are similar MMR. They play as well as you do on average. If you can't rise in ranking, you're not good enough. It's that simple.

raksonraksonraks

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
When you're playing matchmade games, your allies are similar MMR. They play as well as you do on average. If you can't rise in ranking, you're not good enough. It's that simple.
did you even read what you quoted? like really?

this has nothing to do with rank. has to do with premade 5s.

i just reached gold and im pretty sure ill be able to advance further after finals week. i do wish i didnt go on a troll spree after i lost a game i thought i had every right to win but hey!

Tetriix

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.
And what if you play it like it is a team game, but your team does not? How will you be on top that way? Suppose someone refuses to cooperate with you, when you're trying to help them? Suppose someone doesn't want to listen to you at all? Suppose someone rages and despite your best efforts to calm them down and make them focus, they still refuse to listen? Suppose someone on your team leaves because they don't want to play anymore? Sure, you may be trying to play it like its a team game, but your full team has to be doing the same, right?

HappyCrack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

only information i found helpful was the practicing with soraka bit the rest of it there have been thousands of posts about people raging etc not helpful at all when you have 2 afks a game in bronze. i carry my teams as you've said but you can only carry so far.I'am stuck forever in the sinkhole that is bronze i resently gave up on ranked as ive been going up and down in bronze winning 3v5 games games with afk's,feeders so on so forth. i dont have any friends that play the game any more so im forced to solo que. but that's the only useful tip i've ever gotten from these forums and for that i upvote you and thank you

Nyarlatotep

05-08-2013

tl;dr

League of Luck

05-08-2013

So how do I win the game when my bottom is 0/6 by ten minutes (wouldn't be the first time in this disgustingly painful climb)?

Mind telling me that one?

I switched lanes, then they fed top as well.

I lost 20 points for that.

Tschomb

05-08-2013

Would it be okay if I told you that I loved you?
Because I do.
I love you.

Pelkrock

05-08-2013

His advice works. I couldn't win a game win I 1st started ranked and playing to get better blamed everyone for everything didn't get better. Took a break looked at how to get better and gain advantages and how to get your team to listen to some of your advice and now I'm moving up only b2 but still doing well in my games and I think I'll be silver in no time.

Shimrra3

05-08-2013

Good read. I'm normally on top of things and don't rage at people (I know people say they don't, but I seriously don't), but I strongly need to improve my farming and your method sounds like it'd help.

Challenge

05-08-2013

Wait, so why is everyone buying so far into this thread? Anyone above 1100 elo could tell you everything that was just said, not to mention the multiple logic flaws and fallacies throughout it. If he were really 2100 elo then he would have had a platinum forum badge. Obviously he wasn't gold either since he doesn't have that badge either. He is just a middle of the road player like the rest of us. So what have we learned? The method doesn't work (or at least the original poster isn't applying it) for he still rests at silver elo. This game isn't about self improvement. It's a random mix of luck and skill. Also that "simple math" section at the end? I can pull imaginary numbers out of nowhere too.