An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

05-08-2013

The coins, watch and picture are left Ezreal! I can't wait to hear what they have to do with this guy!

SpadeSage

05-08-2013

Anyone put it together that this sounds a lot like a Watcher?

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013
32 of 41 Riot Posts

I got lucky with this one. I found it stuck between the pages of that huge book. It's not the same paper, and it's pretty damaged. Maybe someone got to this research before me, but they didn't get as far as I did.

In the image, it looks like these men are revering a statue of the dark figure. The statue itself looks like it's half-unearthed. It might not even be something they built, but something they found.

What is it about this figure that drove these people to be so devoted to him?

SpaceDrake

05-08-2013

I'd like to know about that knife, myself. Where's that from, Ez?

And, I feel like this is an important question: has this figure turned up in Yordleland or Bilgewater at all? Does this... legend, or whatever it is... seem to have gotten past the Sablestone range?

House of Hell

05-08-2013

Ez, I guess you screwed up ! You woke him up from his slumber!!! :0
OMG RUN!

Magicapples

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/ez-desk.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ez-desk_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Hey, everyone. Ezreal here.

Normally, I wouldn't ask for help. I've come across a lot of interesting relics in my travels, but never anything like these.

I've gathered everything on my desk for all of you to take a look. The important thing is that these relics were found all over Runeterra, and they date from different and completely unconnected eras. The thing is… they all share one similarity: they show a dark figure, clearly inhuman, wielding a jagged blade.

This is a mystery I'm not sure I want solved. From what I can gather so far, this dark figure has been at the center of many bloody conflicts and tales of war.

What do you think? Who is this figure, and what role has he played in Runeterra's history?

Oh, and if you really want to hear some of the stories about these things… I'll tell them, but some of them aren't pretty.
Sven!!
is it sven? i think it is sven

ExjK

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagz2 View Post
Could it be... The Ruined King?
http://leaguepedia.com/images/5/57/B...uined_King.png

I don't think this blade looks like the weapon this ancient warrior wields, but maybe i'm wrong? =)

SpadeSage

05-08-2013

This thing sounds a lot like a watcher, in lissandra's lore it explains that after siding with the Watchers she wasn't even human anymore, she became iceborn, and in the post of what the guardian of the howling abyss said "They gave us too much power!" and that the Noxian general was afraid because "He wasn't even sure if he was even fighting people near the end" and that the tribe said he gave them great power and then quickly dissapeared. sounds like, The Watchers... Have returned.

Mors Martell

05-08-2013

I think the Ionian one is VERY interesting because this dude is the anti thetical response to Ionia's "chillness".

Clearly, he killed the woodworker after he made the woodwork because Ionia rejected him

funtimeaj

05-08-2013

:/ he looks exactly like the demon statues of the frostguard next to princess lissandra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPBUcguEGAI

fast forward to :55