An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EbonyPhoenix

05-08-2013

Ezreal, I believe I know where you should be searching for the next clues to this mystery, but I fear for your safety if you should ever follow my advice. So take heed in my words before you do so, as I explain why your mystery may be solved on the shores of the Shadow Isles.

The first clue as to the answers you seek come from the representation of this figure in both Demacian and Noxian culture, but the important fact here isn't that the figure is present in both, but that the figure is present in times of battle and war. A Noxian statue to a nameless warrior? Far too unlikely, as you have stated yourself the Noxian will sing praises of their heroes until they no longer have voices, and as for Demacia, who adorn other windows from where you... borrowed this from? Other heroes, and figures of battle I would wager. This is important, but I need to explain more first for it to become apparent.

The second clue is the Noxian War Poems you found from Piltover, which told us more about this figure specifically, why he is hailed as a hero. He appears here during battle, not at the beginning as a warrior, but the end as a catalyst. He holds a sword that could cleave armies, but the poem does not speak of his prowess in battle. It speaks of the fallen and dying warriors on the battlefield, those who had no hope and were on death's door, and yet they rose. From this alone, we could summarize that this figure is someone is a general, someone that can rally his allies to win battles at near impossible odds. For most the mystery would end there, but there is a problem. This general appears eras apart in places that no longer have names. The urn from Shurima shows us this, thus we must conclude that this 'general' can not be merely a man, for they have appeared time and time again.

Now you may be looking at what I've just told you and wondering why I say that you must go to the Shadow Isles... well, let's just say that I have seen these signs before, and I believe I know of what you seek. The Shadow Isles has been called the land of the dead, and a few who hail from there may know of some of the other... noteworthy figures who dwell there, and if I was searching for a figure that was hailed by the victors, and only the victors, from battles that transcended time and place, I would go to the Shadow Isles and ask about one who could decide which warriors would die in battle and which would live. I would ask about The Valkyrie.

But that's just me.

Kraken Jack

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by axé View Post
this armor and shape reminds me of mordekaiser. Perhaps this ancient horror is something of the shadow isles?
hi axe

Judgment19

05-08-2013

tell me another story

Dr Cat

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Titan View Post
Any chance we are looking at someone related to Kayle and Morgana?
The wings and the sword, I agree.

Riot Entropy

Creative Designer

05-08-2013
30 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
Ezreal-

Ok so you're not responding to my letters. Yeah that's cool. The mail system in Runeterra sucks pretty hardcore. This is the important one however: My basic theories.

I've been around the block and have a few theories on what you're dealing with an looking for here. None of them are positive:
  1. Extra dimensional void lord of some kind. Talk to Kassadin, this is serious. I don't care if "He's busy". You don't want to screw with a void lord of any sort.
  2. Dark God. Read religious documents, specifically from Mount Targon. Targon thrives on battle and war. Pantheon, Leona, even Diana. See if they have any sort of religious documents that tell about a war god.
  3. Shadow Isles. Good luck talking to ANY of these guys. They're a bunch of jerks.
  4. Something far darker and far more dangerous.

That's all I can help you with Ezreal. I pray this reaches you.

When darkness falls upon Runeterra, we have to stand together. I pray we do...

-C.M.
You wound me. Lampy and I would love to have Ezreal around for a nice long conversation. He'd be hard pressed to leave my hospitality.

ZenonTheStoic

Champion Designer

05-08-2013
31 of 41 Riot Posts

Some things aren't meant to be uncovered, Ezreal. Be careful how deep you dig!

IceNinja42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

The idea that this being only shows up to help the underdog in a losing battle may explain why there have been no occurances recently. With the Institute of Justice in place, there isn't much open warfare and no need for his aid

Kename

05-08-2013

Guys.... come on..... Its Sargeras from WoW.... geez you guys...... (inb4 hate-(bone)-storm)

Takeru Rwars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

All of this talk about a deity of war, what would Ionia need of a deity of war? Especially at such a time in history as this woodwork seems to be from, instead I believe that what we have on our hands is the flip side to enlightenment, a way to save yourself from death, be it through battle or other means. Noxious would gleefully worship such a being, Demencia would honor a being that saved royalty or the kingdom. The woodworking from Iona could be a bystander simply recording the appearance of this being, but after the being was turned down for the price of being a savior he may have killed the woodworker to prevent him from naming him (Part of the price would be silence).

Just a forum acc

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Some things aren't meant to be uncovered, Ezreal. Be careful how deep you dig!
Here we come... the grand finale!