An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paper Titan

05-08-2013

Any chance we are looking at someone related to Morgana and Kayle?

Nunu the Grouch

05-08-2013

"clearly inhuman"

I dunno, he looks to a have a human figure with wings to me

Joshieboy159

05-08-2013

*slow clap*

Well done riot, this is good stuff here.

Axé

05-08-2013

This armor and shape reminds me of mordekaiser. Perhaps this ancient horror is something of the shadow isles?

House of Hell

05-08-2013

Melee ADC? I hope so....he needs to wreak havoc lategame as the awesome warrior he seems to be

Lardis Lidesci

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

new teemo skin

Elvenheretic

Recruiter

05-08-2013

I have to know... One thing that really intrigues me about all these things is why the entire world would immortalize this guy after one epic battle? Especially when he helped the "Evil" (Noxians) in the world. Also, I swear to all that is holy that if that medallion between the coins and the wood carving is some kind of Ionian "ceremonial memory token" or something, this entire thing just went into conspiracy theory mode.

Reebdoog

05-08-2013

So the Frozen Watchers have returned and are avenging their own deaths in the howling abyss. This new creature will appear to assist the underdogs in their battle (could be either side, Avarosa or the Frozen Watchers). He appears in each war and helps win the battle at the price of many deaths. He is immortal and has giant wings, but doesn't seem to fit the bill as a beautiful being (as in Morgana and Kayles lore). My only guess is that he is Runeterras version of God and in order to keep things balanced he assists the underdog in each war so in the end neither side will be an overwhelming force.

ScantyDemon

05-08-2013

Ezreal, where have you *not* found traces of this image? Or should I say not yet.

zabrath

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/woodblock.jpg]news/April_2013/post/woodblock_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This Ionian woodblock was carved long before the war with Noxus. They're rare nowadays, but they're always more or less the same. They all depict things of beauty: landscapes, monks in meditation, the stars and the night sky, all of that “enlightenment” stuff they're always on about. All of them... except this one.

I've never seen anything like it. It's that same dark figure with that same blade - and the worst thing - I don't think those red stains are ink…
Is it possible, ezreal, that this is a entity from before all civilization? Something that was on everyone's side, but wasnt at the same time...something that, when it found desperate warriors, would give them an offer they can't refuse?

I would ask someone from the shadow isle about this, Elise or yorick seem to be the most...talkative of their denizens.