An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Croly View Post
Jarvan IV's father is NOT Tryndamere. It's Jarvan III, the current king of Damacia.

Galio was specifically built by someone, he has no real sibling, especially not ones that existed a heck of a long time ago.
Haha that goes to show how much I've read their lore haha

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013
25 of 41 Riot Posts

You can carve plenty of interesting things out of the Freljord's ice. That place has always been a battleground, so I wouldn't have thought twice about digging up a dagger like this one if it weren't for two things. One: check out the etching in the metal. Look closely enough and you'll see the same serrated design found in the rest of these relics. Two, well… the dagger's hilt is carved from human bone.

Here's where it gets more interesting. The tribesmen of that region say the figure on the blade is a legend, a “warrior-savior” who appeared during a battle against a hated rival tribe several years ago. They'd almost lost the battle, but the warrior appeared and led them to a crushing victory over their enemies. They left no one alive, but when the tribesmen went to celebrate with their champion, he'd already vanished. They say that - in his memory - they took the bones of their enemies as trophies.

It sounds like a similar story to the one from the Shuriman tomb. Both tell of a warrior who appeared and turned the tide of a great battle… but at a gruesome cost.

IceNinja42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryshim View Post
perhaps Zilean might be able to help shed some light on this matter. Have you thought of questioning Malzahar or Kassadin to see if this being may be of the void?
I thought of Zilean as well though another valid connection could be the Dimension Fiddlesticks came from, His lore did mention he is waiting on something......

Malurth

05-08-2013

Ask Zilean? He probably knows some stuff.

TGDM

05-08-2013

Wait a second...

I think I just noticed something. Take a look at the stained glass -- Look at the way the figure is posed. There's something about it.... Maybe if you look at it with the right lighting...

Adiwik

05-08-2013

Question, Time, seems to be a big factor here, also the urn shows the "new champ" lit up, on his sword and chest, is he a lord of light? or is he your "balance" kinda guy[since he seems to be everywhere, or is he a reminder of what could or has happened? [i.e boogieman for kids of valoran?. Ezreal, i know you have been in contact with Zilean, and he has no time to waste, this affects him a great deal, so don't dodge me on this, it wont work. What does he remember of this person. Also has anyone asked the main person in charge of the League?

Also why no wriggles lantern on desk.... Ez did find it, i thought....
Strange Artifact Discovered in Kumungu JOJ

GoodMorningCrono

05-08-2013

clearly my post on page 68 is being ignored because I am right and they don't want to ruin the surprise :P

Sydelle

05-08-2013

Hey look, it's Illidan. Can we stop hiring Blizzarders now?

lightdragoon88

05-08-2013

Who is he!!!!?

TwistedPumpkin44

05-08-2013

It looks like Sir Artorias, i was wond-

UH....I MEAN...Runeterran god, obviously. Quite possibly belongs in a museum.