An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exman33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Q_Q gun templar wasn't real i guess. Tell us some stories ezreal

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Lore post, squeeee~

On topic: After staring at the items for a long time, there's something about the pose of the winged beast that strikes me. If I had to offer up conjecture, I would say that the beast is being depicted in a pose which offers a challenge. This beast has lived a long time and traveled all over the world seeking worthy opponents, and has likely been disappointed time and again.

I seem to remember something recently about a dark figure who fought a rather powerful foe...and spared him; perhaps to forge him into a warrior that could defeat him?

PS: A picture of a woman standing next to Ezreal, and the woman's face is conveniently blocked. Not cool, Riot.

Edit: Also, think about it this way: I like to think that skins are also a part of the lore, indicating different periods in a champion's life. I'm thinking Demonblade Tryndamere had to get that sword from somewhere, and special note was made to this dark figure's sword. See where I'm going with this?

Edit2: Oh wow, he actually moved the picture of him with the woman. Color me impressed.

ManDudeMcDudeman

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Flying Hobo View Post
That picture on the bottom left... is that Lux?
Ezreal and Lux, sittin' in a tree,

K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Silent Pete

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Is romance part of this ancient mystery? I see some personal effects on the bottom left there, Ezreal.
NO RIOT EZREAL IS COMMIlTED TO IS SUGAR DADDY TARIC

A THOUSAND TIMES NO

Attachment 680123

AdmiralArtich0ke

05-08-2013

As long as he's voiced by Samuel L. Jackson. . .

Nexin24

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Yeah, yeah... when I'm done with it.
Ez don't worry we Know you like Lux its only a matter of time

Langley

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
Ezreal and Lux, sittin' in a tree,

K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
Ezreal and Lux sittin' in a lane

K-I-T-I-N-G

...someone get kiting another letter.

GothicPrinceX

05-08-2013

It looks like a winged demon, by the look of the blade it looks like it is used to carve appart people... to reach something, a soul or magical essence maybe? Lastly, by the looks of those images, he looks ancient, and many tribes might of seen or spoken about him. Could he be a deathkeeper, or possibly a demon with an affinity for souls?

AbiwonKenabi

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroikiri View Post
I don't think Anyone has mentioned the Watchers, I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of that ancient race.
I was gonna guess a watcher too, but apparently the statues lining the bridge in the Howling Abyss are supposed to be watchers, and they don't really look like this. Plus, he doesn't really look like a "Frozen" Watcher either. I could be wrong. Cool guess though! Here's hoping for a Watcher champ eventually!

natemiddleman2

05-08-2013

Yay another friend for Renekton and Nasus.