For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Okay morello, I like you and support you a lot, but really? Someone saying "I like league but the concept of depending on unreliable teammates is distasteful to me; I would like a mode where I can legitimately play solo" gets the response of (effectively) "that doesn't matter, find friends/put up or shut up"? I am disappoint

I was giddy when I saw the 1v1/2v2 map leak. I thought it meant Riot was finally recognizing how boneheaded the idea of solo queue is, or at least trying to help satisfy the parts of the playerbase that (knowingly or not) hate being 10% of a game's outcome. Come to hear it was just a showmap for LCS and Riot was missing the point? That hurt more than the year and a half and counting Dominion has been ignored.
you realize howling abyss/proving grounds is a great 1v1/2v2 map if you can't be assed to play with 4 other people

the issues with solo queue are inherent to solo queue. if you don't want to deal with those issues, you have to play premade. *****ing at riot to fix solo queue isn't going to help.

Pro Gamer Boobs

05-08-2013

Heyo~
I agree with you 100%, I changed my attitude vastly after watching Zekent play. The right attitude wins games for sure.

My problem now is just anxiety. I have a high MMR right now and I'm afraid to lose it. After winning 15 games in a row, 5 losses makes me FEAR the queue. >_< AGH the pressure. I still get 30+ LP per win and lose about 10 per loss...but I'm just really afraid of losing this tho x.x Those +3LP per win days seem so scary T___T

My question is, when you get ragey teammates what do you do?
I just ignore them and focus on the game, since I feel like the time going into replying or explaining is better spent elsewhere (Like looking at my mini map, pinging objectives). This doesn't make me fear getting angry teammates less though, since it makes the game just that much more difficult.

Redeemed In Fire

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
you realize howling abyss/proving grounds is a great 1v1/2v2 map if you can't be assed to play with 4 other people

the issues with solo queue are inherent to solo queue. if you don't want to deal with those issues, you have to play premade. *****ing at riot to fix solo queue isn't going to help.
League of legends in its present form is not, cannot, and will not work as a 1v1 game as long as champions are balanced for a team context. If a separate set of balance changes were introduced + a queue then it could work, but Riot has said upfront that's not how its supposed to work right now.

What else can I do? Telling me I'm wrong for wanting to be able to play League by myself is... narrow minded.

lol I died again

05-08-2013

Did not read.

Soutalgon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

winstreak since reading this, thanks.

Hostileintention

05-08-2013

Well im diamond 2 and if you actually deserve your rank and even if you lose games as long as its not ur fault then you will eventually rise. So just keep at it.

YourBoner

05-08-2013

tl:dr

but im going to assume the usual content with the usual "dont rage and be nice" threads. see i did read what you said about season 1. how you were stuck in elo hell. in the other seasons, you got higher, but did not get far above that until you improve your attitude.

hes the thing. there is a strong difference between bronze and other tiers. im not talking about skill level. its something more crucial and its what you picked out. teamwork. in higher ranks, even when they do bad, they know they need to work as a team. you dont get to those ranks without intrinsically knowing that. with lower ranks at 900 or so elo, it literally is no matter how hard you try, your team controls your fate. i know who you are targeting with this thread and it may apply to some people. but not to the most of us. when someone does bad, we dont out right go rage rage rage. ill admit we do show a bit of frustration like "dude wtf happened up there" or 'omfg dude wtf didnt u do {something}". but then we usually follow up with "okay, lets just play it safe" or some other advice so that they can play better and be more useful to the team. but heres the thing, you will usually get responded with the response "stfu and play ur own champ", "omfg stop talking", "this {player} talks to much", "more playing less talking", etc. how do u communicate in a team game without talking and how do you win a team game without TEAM cooperation? so im sorry to tell you this, but i think your story only applies to a couple of people. not saying it wont improve their play, but for most people, it will be useless and marginal. because heres the thing, even if i talk super nice like they will still give the same response. "its ok {player}, just do better next time. you should do {something}". i would take all that effort to type that out (cause talking super extra nice requires more characters) they will stilll give the same response.

heres what i think, at a certain tier when you realize your not advancing as far, maybe it does have somthing to do with you, but im not at that tier yet. but in bronze, i find it hard to believe that this works because i have tried and i was in that position. i understand winning my lanes mean nothing and that team cooperation matters. i understand that even if bot loses, i will still try to win the game with them so long as i can cooperate with them and they try to cooperate with me. but the bottom line is LoL is a casual game and riot has no way to influence bronze players to care more. i mean i try to organize the team in champ select and ppl tell me to stfu.

Nizahma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

I think everyone should read this, and I don't mean skim, I mean READ this.

Great post, really REALLY amplifies what I've already been thinking to myself about my ranked experiences.

Looking forward to seeing you play sometime.

ButterPumpkins

05-08-2013

tl:dr

also, you aren't anywhere near as smart as you believe yourself to be.

like, not even in the same dimension does your self-perceived intelligence coexist with your actual intelligence.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-08-2013

2 long, whats the tldr