For all of you who hate solo queue, think you deserve higher elo or rage too much.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

Great self-awareness and advice.

HOLY **** MORELLO... THIS POST MAKES ME SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY....

thanks so much for making my day....

HayabusaZero

05-07-2013

Vualk, you are awesome for making this thread, and speak the truth with such words. Thank you for taking your time and sharing this knowledge with all of us.

My situation is more or less the same you had at the beginning. I know that i don't belong in my current division (currently Bronze 1), and i think my abilities are at least Silver. BUT, when i started ranked i end up with 1000+ ELO, and got ranked in Bronze 3 at the start of the season.

The thing is, i didn't played very good with my teammates and got frustrated for it. Slowly, i have been playing more for my team, and i win more frecuently, not only my lanes, but also my games. I try to encourage them when they are doing bad and complement them when they are doing good. Ping objectives that are necesary and try to calm them when they feel desperate. Helping the lanes when i win mine and keeping the minimap in check.

You can always do something more for your team, even if it is simple words like "gj guys" and "don't worry, just play passively". You can be a leader and propose strategies, targets, and objectives. You can always treat people nicely and they respond nicely to you (last week i had a ranked match with a Caitlyn who was tired and mad, and she lose her lane. But talking to her nicely made her game better, and supporting her made us win that match. She was happy at the end and we all had fun).

Now i'm on my way to climb to Silver, with a good philosophy behind me and a better understanding on how i can play this game in a team.

raksonraksonraks

05-07-2013

Quote:
Great post, and 100% true. You don't deserve to win your game just because you win your lane. League of Legends is a team game, and if you don't play like it is, you will never be on the top.

technically you do. but hey its your game, your rules, so you can do anything u want

you guys know a solo q in a game that is team based is flawed beyond belief.

Vualk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayabusaZero View Post
Vualk, you are awesome for making this thread, and speak the truth with such words. Thank you for taking your time and sharing this knowledge with all of us.

My situation is more or less the same you had at the beginning. I know that i don't belong in my current division (currently Bronze 1), and i think my abilities are at least Silver. BUT, when i started ranked i end up with 1000+ ELO, and got ranked in Bronze 3 at the start of the season.

The thing is, i didn't played very good with my teammates and got frustrated for it. Slowly, i have been playing more for my team, and i win more frecuently, not only my lanes, but also my games. I try to encourage them when they are doing bad and complement them when they are doing good. Ping objectives that are necesary and try to calm them when they feel desperate. Helping the lanes when i win mine and keeping the minimap in check.

You can always do something more for your team, even if it is simple words like "gj guys" and "don't worry, just play passively". You can be a leader and propose strategies, targets, and objectives. You can always treat people nicely and they respond nicely to you (last week i had a ranked match with a Caitlyn who was tired and mad, and she lose her lane. But talking to her nicely made her game better, and supporting her made us win that match. She was happy at the end and we all had fun).

Now i'm on my way to climb to Silver, with a good philosophy behind me and a better understanding on how i can play this game in a team.
thats what its about you gotta be positive even in the face of defeat.. Your greatest chance of turning it around is being positive and calm so you can recognize oppurtunities when they happen,,,

and if you keep your team positive as well.. They too can see those windows

Vualk

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellphi View Post
My main trifle is that when I LoLking the enemy, they're always like 70 ELO higher and when I LoLking my own team they're like 100 ELO lower. It doesn't even make sense.
Elo is a number that doesnt matter... ive seen silvers with good mechanics beat diamonds its about how well you coordinate with your team..

And if they are in fact better than you.. Look at it as a way to improve yourself through superior challenge... How did they beat you? what did you do wrong? or they do right? then next game implement that into your play

rub my zimbabwe

05-07-2013

Quote:

did anyone ask you?

League of Luck

05-07-2013

Read the little bit at the top and I'm gonna say this.

When I'm 5/0 top lane before leaving lane and I have to go to help every other single god damn lane because you're all losing and then *gasp* I lose as my top laner gets to shove the tower down, hell maybe two.

I do not enjoy being matched with garbage time after time.

I can try and help them all day, and believe me I've played 5k games I know how to teamfight. I know what target needs to get exterminated, I know not to chase Kassadin.

However I cannot rely on four others to be nearly as knowledgeable or good.

It sucks.

Edit: What's worse is nobody listens. Xin why are you rushing BotRK against the Akali who is bodying you and stacking no health at all? Why are you not building Seeker's Armguard against AD jungle/mid? Why no health stacked against Darius/Olaf? If I tell someone EXACTLY what they're doing wrong they just yell at you because they don't like being wrong.

Interceptor09

05-07-2013

Quote:

true. but how many games must we be subjected to unskilled teammates causing a loss, trolls, ragequits, all the while we push objectives, and try to maintain calm - before we are allowed to say- 'hey, this is bull****. I put in 100% effort every game, bite my lip, and I still have to deal with this.'

but the powers that be dont have to play bronze, and experience that mess do they. so lets just ignore that elephant sitting there.

hey guys have you seen the new lore?

Vualk

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzdaym View Post
Read the little bit at the top and I'm gonna say this.

When I'm 5/0 top lane before leaving lane and I have to go to help every other single god damn lane because you're all losing and then *gasp* I lose as my top laner gets to shove the tower down, hell maybe two.

I do not enjoy being matched with garbage time after time.

I can try and help them all day, and believe me I've played 5k games I know how to teamfight. I know what target needs to get exterminated, I know not to chase Kassadin.

However I cannot rely on four others to be nearly as knowledgeable or good.

It sucks.

Edit: What's worse is nobody listens. Xin why are you rushing BotRK against the Akali who is bodying you and stacking no health at all? Why are you not building Seeker's Armguard against AD jungle/mid? Why no health stacked against Darius/Olaf? If I tell someone EXACTLY what they're doing wrong they just yell at you because they don't like being wrong.
possibly its the way in which you are delivering your information

Morello

Lead Designer

05-07-2013
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksonraksonraks View Post
technically you do. but hey its your game, your rules, so you can do anything u want

you guys know a solo q in a game that is team based is flawed beyond belief.
Then only play with your friends, or cash the check you're writing when you click "play."