has riot responded to a single duo queue complaint thread ever?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

These Pretzels

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheycallmeX View Post
its not about people being higher than us, its about people SIGNIFICANTLY lower getting boosted into these games from duo queue... way to post in a topic that you have no experience, input, or insight on though
It's the same ****ed thing. I'm posting it from MY point of view.

And I'm going to reiterate here, you guys only started complaining about this once Elementz did, and are now using something that a good player said as a scapegoat for the perils of solo queue. Matchmaking will never be perfect, and to think that eliminating duo queuers from the process is just, as mentioned previously, people grabbing about for a scapegoat for as to why they don't have a perfect team every game. It's not going to happen. Unless of course you go premade, but that's a different beast entirely. I duo queue often, and my mate and I are usually the ones that end up leading the team both strategically, k/d/r, and turret destruction wise. Why? Because we bring some sort of communication to the table instead of being the average solo queuers. But, more often than not, there is the random queuer that decides that he wants to build Mundo as attack speed, refuses to listen to mia calls/doesn't make mia calls, refuses to get wards, refuses to change his build to counter enemy make-ups/refuses to pick a different champion to counter enemy make-ups, or is just plain ole fashioned bad.

As said, Deal with it Nerds.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

10-29-2010
1 of 13 Riot Posts

What do you want us to say? Statistically duo queuing doesn't have NEARLY the effect on games that you guys think it does.

These Pretzels

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
What do you want us to say? Statistically duo queuing doesn't have NEARLY the effect on games that you guys think it does.
What he said.

SuperGinger

10-29-2010

also: fun to play with a friend. true.

TheycallmeX

10-29-2010

Quote:
could you give us some "statistical" example, to help us understand why half our games being ruined is acceptable instead of some vague one-liner then?

mcguigz

10-29-2010

Quote:
Having to face a 1730ish elo player when my team was 1450ish elo made quite a big effect..

Btw he queued with a >good< yet unranked galio..

Cozalt

10-29-2010

Is it so hard to just create a new category for stats called "Duo Queue"?

UselessAsshole

10-29-2010

statistically i get 2 smurfs almost everygame now who are duo queuing.lvl 30 players who are lvl 5-8 in their new accounts duo q and get pit against lvl 13-16 which they roll over.

statistically 2 good non-smurfing players duo q and get raised against lvl 30's, whose runes+masteries are enough to outpower them.

statistically one friend makes a new account and duo q's with his lvl 30 friend to get matched against lvl 20's to get free wins.

and this is just normal.other ppl have commented about ranked already.

mm is a greater problem than flash ever can be.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

10-29-2010
2 of 13 Riot Posts

Maybe this will clear things up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrdwhXNt4qw

TheycallmeX

10-29-2010

heh, legitimate complaint about an issue ruining what would otherwise be a great game for a decent amount of people gets trolled by riot employee, what an awesome company.