What should the time penalty for leaving during Champion select be?

3 minutes the first time then 15 minutes the second time 450 35.89%
0 minutes then the first time then 10 minutes the second time 538 42.90%
7 minutes every time 266 21.21%
Voters: 1254. You may not vote on this poll

Champion select leaving

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-08-2009
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

We've been internally discussing the feedback regarding my mention of the planned champion select leave penalty and we know there has been some disagreement, so I wanted to give a bit of explanation and a few options.

We're definitely going to make it a leave every time (You're still allowed to leave during Champion select, but there definitely needs to be a penalty. We believe that this allows a player to make a conscious informed choice).

We're just soliciting feedback/opinions here, and there are no promises that the winning vote is what we'll do.

smithz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

If you make it a leave will it still close down the game? If so I assume the nine others will not receive a leave.

Thrillhouse

12-08-2009

Is this leave the same as an in-game leave in regards to your IP bonus streak etc?

Meta

12-08-2009

7-minutes the first time. It seems you guys are taking the stance that intentionally leaving at champ select shouldn't even be an option (hence the "leave"). Obviously you can't ever completely prevent people from doing it, but I've always thought that a long-wait penalty would be the best way to go.

There are some people out there who simply don't care about leaves. If you give them a "one-time freebie" every session, then they'll use it every session.

Thrillhouse

12-08-2009

This also doesn't explain the cooldown for the timer. How long until the "second time" turns back into the "first time"?

bearhugs

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

I support the harshest penalty possible. If one leaver wastes 3 minutes of time- he is really wasting 3 X 9 minutes because everyone involved feels the pain.

Codin

12-08-2009

Well.. i just logged on the forums to ***** about people leaving at champion select. Happend 6 times in a row.. a littl annoyed atm.. BUT

There is another issue.. I present to u the following case:

U play with a team.. maybe u are mediocre maybe u are good.. but u guys fail miserably together... U blame the team ofcourse..god forbid u suck. Game ends.. u want to play another AND the matmaching puts u in with the same bloody team !! What do u do ? After having spent 50 min of frustration i don t think anyone in their right mind would like to go through that again so,, u leave.

I voted second..because u go in.. se that it s the same players in the mixing bowl.. u exit and U WAIT.. a couple of minutes for them to get into another game. Second time u leave..your just.. a jerk and u should be penalised.. my 2c

Pendragon

12-08-2009
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
This also doesn't explain the cooldown for the timer. How long until the "second time" turns back into the "first time"?
Undecided, probably 10~ minutes

Pendragon

12-08-2009
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
U play with a team.. maybe u are mediocre maybe u are good.. but u guys fail miserably together... U blame the team ofcourse..god forbid u suck. Game ends.. u want to play another AND the matmaching puts u in with the same bloody team !! What do u do ? After having spent 50 min of frustration i don t think anyone in their right mind would like to go through that again so,, u leave.
We're considering making the pvp.net ignore being taken into consideration for matchmaking (so you wouldn't be on the same team as someone who you ignore) but that's a ways out if we do it.

Earthquake

12-08-2009

So you really get a LEAVE for leaving champion select? Like a WIN - LOSS - LEAVE kinda LEAVE?