Mac Bug when using ! in chat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-30-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Just letting you guys know we're aware of and in the process of resolving an issue where when you type ! in chat it will erase all chat you currently have typed. It also occurs with the $,% and & characters.

Based on feedback from testing we're considering this for a hotfix. We realize this can be a very frustrating bug especially if you're like me and can only truly express yourself by using multiple unnecessary !!! everywhere.

Mirror

04-30-2013

I keep trying to post "Thanks for letting us know you're looking into this annoying bug!" but something keeps deleting my text. <3

Ediwir

Wrenchman

05-03-2013

thanks! (line deleted)
i was about to report this, but noticed it was already there... oh well, still good i guess? (line deleted)
GL& (line deleted) HF

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

05-03-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

This thread is full of win. We're trying to pack a few more things into the hotfix before releasing it but this issue has a working fix in the code.

YoLittleSister

05-03-2013

I was just going to update the thread I posted cuz I just found out about $% and &, but you beat me to it! haha, I noticed that % only deletes one letter but ! $& deletes a whole sentence. I can't live without !!!!!!

wrath0r

05-03-2013

Best thread ever. I'm starting to get used to typing without any symbols. Honestly, I'm just happy this is a bug; I was starting to think I'd managed to do this to myself somehow.

gneerox

05-04-2013

!

DrakeDangerz

05-06-2013

ahh good to know a fix is on the way :-)

RatB33

05-09-2013

Its difficult for me to type in lol chat without using the !. How can i tell people they did a gj without any !'s?

Looking forward to this fix...

YoLittleSister

05-10-2013

is this fixed yet? I saw a new patch today