The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayan1

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
Other than his augments, do you plan on keeping his gameplay the same?

I honestly feel he functions extremely well as a champion and is probably overpowered on account of his numbers are insane. He's got a fun playstyle that I like. I don't really mind buying Augment: Death every time either, I get the decision making isn't there that was intended, but is that really an issue if he works anyway as a champion?

He pokes and kites extremely well with very strong wave clear as well as absurd team fight power, with the tradeoff being a weakness to assassins not hindered by slows, terrible base stats, generally wanting to get dangerously close to dump his combo, and a lack of offensive utility. (Zoning with Gravity Field is great, but it isn't exactly Annie's Tibbers.)

That said, I really love how he plays right now and I hope you don't change too much.
I agree, he's my favorite champion due to his playstyle, kiting with the laser in lane and see their health melt to your upgrade death is really fun. The only thing id like is to see 2.0 upgrade or something like that, and maybe give him some more base stats? cause his mana regen, movement speed etc. are really really low, i usually play him 9/0/21 to fix this.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Are you kidding? You're kidding. Yeah, you have to be. 'Cause to me, it's pretty obvious that people upset by silence/inaction would prolly really like dialogue and insight.

Please, -please- don't further entrench the "speak little and carry a big patch" approach Riot has been taking lately.
It's probably he was just busy doing a lot of things that weren't Viktor.

Seriously though, Viktor is fine imo. Yeah two of his augments are "traps" (Unless you're solo top counter-bruiser bruiser Viktor where Power is good.)

I really don't think he needs to be looked at gameplay wise. (He's insanely powerful though, honestly number wise he could take a hit, I'd be unhappy, but I couldn't say it wouldn't make sense.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayan1 View Post
I agree, he's my favorite champion due to his playstyle, kiting with the laser in lane and see their health melt to your upgrade death is really fun. The only thing id like is to see 2.0 upgrade or something like that, and maybe give him some more base stats? cause his mana regen, movement speed etc. are really really low, i usually play him 9/0/21 to fix this.

Straight buffs are a real bad idea for him, he's already great.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
The current place I am at is trying to figure out how complex I want to make his upgraded Cores since he's already a very complex character (Although I am trying out a different upgrade from the leak months ago)
Wasn't the original goal to make Viktor be able to effectively choose in which direction we wanted him to focus so to truly feel a big difference in play styles and to adapt and evolve in function of his own desires?

So I guess Complexity wouldn't be a bad thing, but I might not be the best person to say which is best : P

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

05-03-2013
4 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
Other than his augments, do you plan on keeping his gameplay the same?

I honestly feel he functions extremely well as a champion and is probably overpowered on account of his numbers are insane. He's got a fun playstyle that I like. I don't really mind buying Augment: Death every time either, I get the decision making isn't there that was intended, but is that really an issue if he works anyway as a champion?

He pokes and kites extremely well with very strong wave clear as well as absurd team fight power, with the tradeoff being a weakness to assassins not hindered by slows, terrible base stats, generally wanting to get dangerously close to dump his combo, and a lack of offensive utility. (Zoning with Gravity Field is great, but it isn't exactly Annie's Tibbers.)

That said, I really love how he plays right now and I hope you don't change too much.
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.

DreamLeviathan

05-03-2013

Do you expect new particles or anything to end up being needed with the new cores? Actually, do the current hex cores cause any visual changes on the spells...?

HypirionForge

05-03-2013

This has probably been mentioned before, but have you considered having multiple upgrades for each of his augments? You can upgrade it once and it is a decent item for early-mid game, but end game the stats just fall off. It would be great to have his augment be on par with some of the other endgame AP items (namely 120 AP, 80 AP + health, etc.) while still augmenting one of his skills, even if the cost was upwards of 2k gold.

Noctis Lunaris

05-03-2013

Quote:
Pretty much, I do not see myself changing his base spells too much other than synching ranges ./ moving things around a little.

He will always be a very high skillcap champion unless I decide to change his laser, and I don't plan to become minced troll meat anytime soon. :0
I am aware that many players that play Viktor are drawn to him for his uniqueness and I will definitely be preserving that.
Thank you.

Sheogorath

05-03-2013

*squeal* YES, FINALLY!!

ZodiacsClockwork

05-03-2013

yey a response now we wait another 9 months or so
god it gets old I dont know why talk about it if its going to take another year to get it even slightly close
But if it were a popular champion it be done over a couple days

Orothrim

05-03-2013

Quote:

Is it sad that just seeing a response on this thread has turned an otherwise ****ty day into a really exciting one?