Atma's Impaler Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wFPwns

05-02-2013

Atma's Impaler Rework

This item was nerfed to a point where it is no longer a viable item to buy on nearly every champion that used to use it because the statistical bonuses it provides for the cost aren't very effective, I think as an impaler it should be reworked into an item that impales it's enemies causing them to bleed out (DoT effect), it also provided attack speed which is a beneficial statistic that is missing on a lot of tanky gear causing attack damage bruisers to be unable to play effectively on top. It provides too little for too much, I feel this is better.

Builds from
- Cloth Armor (300g)
- Long Sword (400g)
- Recurve Bow (950g)
- Recipe Cost (450g)
Total Cost: 2100g

Reworked Statistics
- +40 Armor
- +50% Attack Speed
- Your basic attacks apply a damage-over-time effect that deals bonus physical damage equal to 1.5% of your opponents total health over 3 seconds. This effect cannot exceed 100 damage per second vs. monsters.

Statistically speaking this item would be powerful because it would provide Armor, Attack Speed and a DoT effect that would function similarly to Liandry's Torment except for auto-attack based AD Carrys, Top Bruisers who are facing large HP pools or potentially junglers who wish to do some additional damage while mitigating some of the incoming jungle damage through armor. The cost in my opinion would be fine at 2100 but it may be too expensive to consider in many cases as a mid-game item and would possibly be a second item if you're ahead to help secure Baron or Dragon.

Because it deals additional physical damage additional armor would cause this item to become less powerful but it would also be affected by Armor Penetration which should even out it's power.

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2013

Making it apply an on-hit effect severely weakens it, because then it does not effect abilities (which are a massive benefit to most of the people who would want it, ie. Riven, Renekton, Olaf, Darius, Jayce, basically any top.)
Aside from that: First off... +20% attack speed and + 25 armour for 450 gold? You have got to be kidding.
On a more general view: It needs to keep its crit. You may ask why, but then you obviously wouldn't of been around from back when it was used. Its a very, very powerful item if it is left to be widely available. Crit chance was used to limit it, which worked well, and gave it its own niche.
If you want attack speed for bruisers, get Wit's End.
Basically... it really is fine where it is. Its just no one buys it because that's the current mind-set of this meta. It just isn't wanted because people under estimate it. Believe me, the second it gets buffed, everyone will be getting it.

Xela Syab

05-03-2013

In my opinion they should give bonus AS instead of AD on health. this would make a nice armor/AS item we've been lacking since Madrids Bloodrazor died, and it would scale with characters like Mundo, Shyvanna, Olaf, and Volibear better. Plus most items with crit have AS anyways so it would sync better that way.