New free champion rotation and sale!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WildEyolf

04-30-2013

I for one do not like this sale.

I've been waiting months and months for primal udyr to go on sale. I saved enough RP to get him at 50%. You then go ahead and put him on sale finally and at 20% off.

I'd rather have 3 to 4 on sale at 50% than 10 for 20% off.

Now I have to wait what, a year to get primal udyr. Someone who I've probably more accurately been waiting to buy for a year now.

Prof Zuhayr

04-30-2013

horrible..... these champs are so bad....
I can only see me playing voli
rengar next week pls

WHERE IS OUR MECHA KHA'ZIX?

Vanchelot

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufix View Post
Lots of Freljord champions, and icy themed Janna..... then suddenly!... Firey Phoenix Quinn!

Part of the "I don't know how the f*** I came here" theme, by RIOT

magicdude2

05-01-2013

wow I WANT TO PLAY VOLI hes cool SWAG!!!!

Ecocentric

05-01-2013

There's a reason all of these champions are glacial >....

Dragonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2013

WTF are these sales? The skins aren't even on sale?

SqueezeMeGently

05-01-2013

Once again, a 'sale' that only effects RP purchases.

Well, I won't be participating.

lightdragoon88

05-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildEyolf View Post
I for one do not like this sale.

I've been waiting months and months for primal udyr to go on sale. I saved enough RP to get him at 50%. You then go ahead and put him on sale finally and at 20% off.

I'd rather have 3 to 4 on sale at 50% than 10 for 20% off.

Now I have to wait what, a year to get primal udyr. Someone who I've probably more accurately been waiting to buy for a year now.

And once again we have an idiot who can't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post

#1. To clarify for the N+1th time, these Champs and Skins werent pulled out of the usual sale rotation. It will not affect the likelihood of them appearing in a sale in the near to short term future.

#2. New skins aren't typically discounted except in launch bundles. Hence why waiting to announce the sale until after the patch came out would have had no effect. Most new skins won't make it into the sale rotation for many months after launch.

#3. The rotation and sale was specifically themed for the Freljord patch and was intended to be a fun meta aspect of the overall patch. We know that there have been some Champions that haven't made it into the rotations as frequently and we are working to get those ones in soon. There are lots of tradeoffs to balance in picking the F2P rotation and sometimes we will swing to one side or another depending on the situation, state of specific Champions, etc.

Hope that answered your questions.

F***in read people!!!!!

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

05-01-2013
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufix View Post
Lots of Freljord champions, and icy themed Janna..... then suddenly!... Firey Phoenix Quinn!
Quinn was the explorer that was featured in the Freljord journals and is tied to the overall story arc of Freljord, which is why she was included.

SpookyJava

05-01-2013

On the fence. Skin sale is cool, but ashe is virtually always free, whereas other champions are virtually unknown. 7/10 this week imo.