Super low LP gains per win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

04-29-2013

I trust them, I think. I just started getting weir dlow LP gains AND losses for the past few games. (not that I mind, I was in a rut lol)

Pyroleech

04-29-2013

It's annoying as **** for me lol. It's pretty clear I don't belong in silver anymore.

http://i.imgur.com/aKcPNPj.png

Up to nearly 80LP now though which is good.

Pyroleech

04-30-2013

yay back to 19-20LP per win!

two mid and no jungler. No problem

http://i.imgur.com/VLMurqi.png

Riot Socrates

Systems Designer

04-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroleech View Post
So i know and understand the Selcopa video off by heart. I got to Silver 1 last night, in my last two games I've gained 6LP and 7LP for each win.

My question is: If you are meant to gain 21+LP when matched against higher level players, why am I gaining 6/7LP? I'm at a total of 13LP so I'm no where near the 80LP clamp.

Last match where I gained 7LP we were against 3x Gold 5 players. My ELO would be roughly 1430, and the opponents would be around 1530 at gold 5 with 30LP (at the time of the match).

I was 4th pick on my team so the ELO of the game is higher than mine, so why am i gaining such low points?

I currently have a 53%~ win rate overall for Season 3. 62% with kat @ 200 games (I only play kat now)

I've moved from bronze 5 to silver 1 gaining 20-30LP per match but now all of a sudden I'm gaining 6/7LP even though the average ELO of the game is higher than mine and my win rate isn't falling.

Here are their profiles:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26381900#history
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22458176#history
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25144304#history
The reason for reduced gains at low LP in any Division 1 league is that now we're factoring in how you are trending into your LP gains. Before you'd get normal gains early in the division then clamping would kick in really hard near 100 LP, which was a bad experience. The behavior we're expecting with the most recent change is that you should see more even gains all the way through the division instead of big gains early then a harsh cut off.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

So you earn negligible LP until you start going on win streaks?

Fresh Snow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Socrates View Post
The reason for reduced gains at low LP in any Division 1 league is that now we're factoring in how you are trending into your LP gains. Before you'd get normal gains early in the division then clamping would kick in really hard near 100 LP, which was a bad experience. The behavior we're expecting with the most recent change is that you should see more even gains all the way through the division instead of big gains early then a harsh cut off.
When are you guys going to learn that you're just causing a miserable experience all around with clamping in general?

Ezrick

04-30-2013

Quote:
So now the entire time you are in the division you have bad LP gains and it's still a bad experience? I really don't understand the reason for the drastic LP gain controls. I feel like the system is the same as the old system with a fancy now skin on it. I was gaining 20+ LP a win until I hit Gold V. I played the first 20 games of Gold V gaining only 4-6 LP a win.

With the ELO system, I felt like I would need to play a ton of games to get anywhere. I don't have that kind of time. The League system made me feel like I could get to where I was supposed to be with half the games. In reality, there is no difference. The League system just makes me feel worse because it is intuitively deceptive.

Is there any plans to adjust or remake the League system?

Dustyprune

04-30-2013

Quote:
it's what i don't fully understand though Is this a recent change with the lissandra patch?

Because upon being repromoted back to platinum 1, 5 games after getting demoted down to platinum 2 i have been getting +2/+3 and losing -1/-2 starting at the 0 mark of plat 1.

Now being at around 35 lp, i had gone on a 5 game winning streak all giving within +2/+4 lp. and upon losing the streak i lost -2. then winning two, i got a +4 and a +8.

As before i was demoted down to plat 2 (before re promotion) i was getting +18/-13.

Im just confused given within this span i have had a 13/5 record in ranked but am still getting very low Lp gains. but very low Lp losses as well.

Pyroleech

04-30-2013

I have no problem with the division wide clamping. I've just hit 100LP after this game which has taken nearly 20 games. Gives me a massive sense of achievement when I finally hit gold

Epsi

04-30-2013

Quote:
Socrates was this in place before the patch? For the last few days (prior to todays patch) I have been getting anywhere from 3-7 LP but have only been losing 3-7 LP as well.