Love in LoL?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonHetheWriter View Post
I actually briefly considered this when I was writing The Light and The Blade, but if you check up on Xin's lore, the guy has to be old. He was rescued by Jarvan II, and currently serves under Jarvan III. While no numbers have been stated, we know that there is a Prince Jarvan IV, meaning Jarvan III has to be a decent age himself. What I'm trying to say is, there's been a lot of years between the start of Xin's story and the present day. There's no way he's under 40.

Meanwhile, looking at Lux I'd be surprised if she was even 20.
Very true...its often hard to tell the actual age of an Asian by appearance...we have this fountain of youth that we tap into for a loooong time. XD

My mom is 50 now, yet people have mistaken her to be in her late thirties. She fools even those age guessers that you see sometimes around malls and such.

Abyssal Lord

10-28-2010

I may very well be mistaken, but wasn't it Jarvan Third who rescued Xin? He doesn't seem like 40 on artwork too... but then again, maybe just confusing appearance.

I'm too interested in Katarina and Garen couple. By the way, did anyone notice that while they are depicted as an equal match for each other by lore, one on one duel in game would inevitably be Garen's victory?... Sad.

LeonHetheWriter

10-28-2010

Straight from Xin Zhao's lore, emphasis mine:

Quote:
Prior to the formation of the League, Noxus was renowned for a spectacle called The Fleshing. It was a gladiatorial event with a cruel twist: as a fighter won matches, his number of opponents (generally prisoners of war) fought simultaneously would increase. This meant eventual death for every contender, but with unparalleled glory. Xin Zhao, known then as Viscero, was slated to face 300 soldiers, nearly six times the previous record. This was clearly meant to be his final match. Jarvan II, hearing of this unprescedented feat, infiltrated the arena to offer him an alternative: serve Demacia and punish those who ultimately sentence him to death in exchange for his freedom. Xin Zhao accepted, astonished that a king would risk his own life on his behalf. Under the cover of a prearranged Demacian assault on Noxus, Jarvan liberated Xin Zhao and his 300 opponents. During their retreat, Xin Zhao took a poisoned dart meant for Jarvan. This act of loyalty, from a man who vowed no allegiance, earned Xin Zhao a spot at his side until the day the king died. Now in the service of his son, Jarvan III, Xin Zhao is stepping into a new ring - the Fields of Justice - to fight for his adopted country and to honor the legacy of the man who gave purpose to his life.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

10-28-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COAmadeus View Post

Read Ashe/Tryndamere's story in JoJ, they're happily married. (For now, give a few years and she'll turn into that *****y wife you wish you didn't have and tryndamere will be like "Honey I just got home from slaughtering people can it wait? and then they'll never have *** more than once a month and then she'll consider divorce and he'll get drunk and have a party do something stupid get thrown in rune prison and then she'll be like "I'm leaving and I'm taking the kids...and Your dog" and He'll be like "NOO NOT MY DOGGY!" and then they'll never speak to each other again except when he's allowed to visit his kids and he'll try dating other women and never have success and be a bachelor for several years until he decides to be a hermit bachelor and he'll always remember the girl he thought he loved, ashe.)
Great, there goes our big reveal for our next Journal of Justice storyline..

Tenant

Friend of Urf

10-28-2010

Amumu and Annie <3
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=226345

(just kidding, not canon, but if Ram Steed found out they were good friends or something it would be insanely adorable)

Amiithystine

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
Great, there goes our big reveal for our next Journal of Justice storyline..
D: I'm sorry, do I get banned for leaking content now =(

Intergalactic Planetary

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void Elemental View Post
I would love to see these couples:
Shen and Akali (both ninjas)
Veigar and Annie (both midgets and nuke mages)
and maybe Malzahar and Lux? They are the complete opposites. Mal is from darkness, Lux is from light. They can make some sense...cant they?
Bro, Annie is like 5. What's qrong with you?

Enrayged

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void Elemental View Post
and maybe Malzahar and Lux? They are the complete opposites. Mal is from darkness, Lux is from light. They can make some sense...cant they?
Looking past the fact that they are polar opposites, consider their ages...

Lux - still probably in her late teens.

Malzahar - if I'm reading his lore correctly, he is an Icathian prophet who was made immortal by the Void - there is no way at all that he is less than 100 years old. (Even if I'm reading wrong, he is still probably around 50 or so.)

SethCypher

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Looking past the fact that they are polar opposites, consider their ages...

Lux - still probably in her late teens.

Malzahar - if I'm reading his lore correctly, he is an Icathian prophet who was made immortal by the Void - there is no way at all that he is less than 100 years old. (Even if I'm reading wrong, he is still probably around 50 or so.)
...year gaps in a relationship in a fictional based story? So basically immortals can never get laid...ever again? Man it must suck to be immortal.

CriticalCold

10-28-2010

Lux and Ezreal. Their babies would have the coolest skillshots ever.