New free champion rotation and sale!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

04-30-2013
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krufix View Post
Lots of Freljord champions, and icy themed Janna..... then suddenly!... Firey Phoenix Quinn!
Foils my friend.

umoppgm

04-30-2013

I love Quinn but I hate her skin . I like the classic better.

racky54

04-30-2013

I'm surprised there are only 10 free for Frejlord week...

Skyhawke

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wenger View Post
Hi Udyr,

May I ask whether this 20% sale of champs + skins is a special event?
i.e. For the future free week rotations, would there be a 20% sale for those champs and skins?

Thanks!
Special event.

Skyhawke

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PweHrMen View Post
Would you stfu...it was a horrible theme. I dont see why you are complaining, they couldve at least incorporated Sejuani in this. Jesus
Nah, I won't. Why was it objectively horrible? I'm "complaining" because people early on in the thread jumped to incorrect conclusions and sounded like pathetic whiny entitled brats when they should have taken the time to think things through. If you had read the comments, they didn't want to include Sejuani or Trundle in this out of respect for the players who already own them (letting them play those champions with the new visual updates before the masses do).

Grey Tigress

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Does this mean the 50% sales are going to end?

Skyhawke

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Tigress View Post
Does this mean the 50% sales are going to end?
Please read through the Red posts. They are not.

Versus AI

04-30-2013

@Udyr, I have to give you credit for being so willing to patiently respond for the "n+1"th time, and I also found the math commentary amusing. Reading all of your posts prior to commenting helped me to better understand what direction the company policy is heading on champion and skin sales - thank you for that.

I appreciate Riot thinking outside of the box on this, and I only wish I had the urge to participate in a 20% sale. I actually appreciate, more, that such a new champion and skin (Quinn) received a second sale listing so soon. Even though I will not be participating, as there is no real incentive for me, at least Riot is making some effort.

Perhaps consider a 33% sale, that way we can see those ~$3.85 to ~$13.50 skins receive a discount of at least $1.00 on the bottom line, and scale up nicely to over $4.00.

For those who may be confused, depending on your method and volume of purchase, points can range from around 130RP per $1 to 150RP per $1. However, I would be under the impression that most people purchase in increments of $5 to $35, including game cards (especially if one has an employee discount available). That said, the average ratio I chose is 135RP per $1 and prices are based on champions and skins whose base RP price range from 520RP - 1820RP, exluding champions in the 260RP and 585RP level. I chose this range because purchasing a 1350 IP or lower champion for RP is not an efficient use of the time it takes to make that real money versus the time taken to earn the IP for the average working person.

TLDR; Thanks for the responses, Udyr. Next time, try to make the discount a little deeper - to generate interest.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

04-30-2013
12 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus AI View Post
@Udyr, I have to give you credit for being so willing to patiently respond for the "n+1"th time, and I also found the math commentary amusing. Reading all of your posts prior to commenting helped me to better understand what direction the company policy is heading on champion and skin sales - thank you for that.

I appreciate Riot thinking outside of the box on this, and I only wish I had the urge to participate in a 20% sale. I actually appreciate, more, that such a new champion and skin (Quinn) received a second sale listing so soon. Even though I will not be participating, as there is no real incentive for me, at least Riot is making some effort.

Perhaps consider a 33% sale, that way we can see those ~$3.85 to ~$13.50 skins receive a discount of at least $1.00 on the bottom line, and scale up nicely to over $4.00.

For those who may be confused, depending on your method and volume of purchase, points can range from around 130RP per $1 to 150RP per $1. However, I would be under the impression that most people purchase in increments of $5 to $35, including game cards (especially if one has an employee discount available). That said, the average ratio I chose is 135RP per $1 and prices are based on champions and skins whose base RP price range from 520RP - 1820RP, exluding champions in the 260RP and 585RP level. I chose this range because purchasing a 1350 IP or lower champion for RP is not an efficient use of the time it takes to make that real money versus the time taken to earn the IP for the average working person.

TLDR; Thanks for the responses, Udyr. Next time, try to make the discount a little deeper - to generate interest.
This is very well worded and well thought out feedback. Thanks and we will take it into consideration

Ladayen

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus AI View Post

Has Quinn been on sale already? I haven't seen her or Thresh on sale yet. Not counting this sale of course.