New free champion rotation and sale!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Defnist47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Going to answer these in reverse.

#1. To clarify for the N+1th time, these Champs and Skins werent pulled out of the usual sale rotation. It will not affect the likelihood of them appearing in a sale in the near to short term future.

#2. New skins aren't typically discounted except in launch bundles. Hence why waiting to announce the sale until after the patch came out would have had no effect. Most new skins won't make it into the sale rotation for many months after launch.

#3. The rotation and sale was specifically themed for the Freljord patch and was intended to be a fun meta aspect of the overall patch. We know that there have been some Champions that haven't made it into the rotations as frequently and we are working to get those ones in soon. There are lots of tradeoffs to balance in picking the F2P rotation and sometimes we will swing to one side or another depending on the situation, state of specific Champions, etc.

Hope that answered your questions.
Sorry you have to restate everything because some people are stupid as **** and can't read.

Although, the themed sale is really fun and exciting and gets me into it. People complain about anything, more skins 20% off is nice. I love it, keep it up Riot.

Skyhawke

04-30-2013

Reading through this thread pissed me off so much...

People whining about an ADDITIONAL 20% off sale. Others complaining about the free-week choices when it was CLEARLY a Freljord theme.

Alvaro

04-30-2013

King trynd still 520 to me

Phil Nye

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserLocked View Post
I'm seeing this as well.

fedesv

04-30-2013

dat skins

lightdragoon88

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserLocked View Post

Sad, the one I want to buy too.

TateGwan

04-30-2013

Horrible Rotation...now we have to wait a week to get a better one. I don't know why you have 450 ip champions anyway. you can get them rather quickly

Pepperpwni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

Brace yourselves, winter is coming back.

TateGwan

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawke View Post
Reading through this thread pissed me off so much...

People whining about an ADDITIONAL 20% off sale. Others complaining about the free-week choices when it was CLEARLY a Freljord theme.
Would you stfu...it was a horrible theme. I dont see why you are complaining, they couldve at least incorporated Sejuani in this. Jesus

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

04-30-2013
9 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
So... um... was that Janna mention here foreshadowing her jumping the bandwagon to join "the one and only Frejlord" or was it just because she had a pretty ice skin? Kinda had enough of these surprises retcons, so I'd prefer it to be out in the open, if it is the case. I mean, cool either way, but I'd like explicit knowledge.
Janna is the oddball in the sale and doesn't have any Freljord affiliation. The ice themed skin and the need for a support champion was the reasoning behind her.