[FEATURED] Behavior Alerts - Nudging players back on track

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueJusticee

04-30-2013

Reform cards improved average reform rates by 7.8%? That doesnt sound like much. Furthermore reform rates sound like a thing that fluctuates from time to time.don't ya think? How accurate is that number? Speaking of numbers, i'd assume theres all kinds being withheld that prove just how trash your tribunal system actualy is, but we won't see those. NOPE, Tribunals your baby.

Hold on a second people i know what your thinking "now heres a pretty negative guy lets thumb him down and open fire, or delete his post" (thats the usual i get when i criticize anything) - Instead, lets adopt common sense for 1 ****** second. Heres how troll games usualy go down

1. Someone swears once, makes one mistake, or someone calls someone a feeder,
2. Everyone then assumes everyones getting reported anyway, so people continue to troll/swear/whatever not giving a ****,.laughing all the more.

Why not have a grace period where you cant be reported by the tribunal? 1-3 strikes if you will, where your immunue to everyone reporting everyone.

If this new system of yours can "detect" negative behavioral spikes. Lets have it require a couple of these spikes before you can be reported. That way when **** happens people still have a reason to maintain their composure.

They will think " if I continue i can be reported" or "if i swallow my pride i am still clear". Cause lets be honest, rage just happens its not exactly a choice. someone derps and everyones WTF WTF. You need the first one free. Afterwards your guards up, you know their ****, and you can shrug it off and say "yep, saw that comin"

People who try to abuse this system will still get banned cause riot can still see how many times their account was "detected" for negative behavior.

All im saying is:

If Quinn autolocks top lane, buying boots/3pots, pushes up on a jax only to be ganked by their jungler and die 5 times ( then blame me, the jungler, for his loss). I should be allowed to call that guy a dumbass without "fear of the tribunal and its spam punish clickers". Hes going to get it, one way or another. Cause hes is a dumbass.

ZzRadio

04-30-2013

Tribunal still not good, but this is improving it.

JevelFaithful

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukataan View Post
Hey Lyte
Does this pop out for all reports or just those that are judged by tribunal? I mean would someone get this notification for e.g. "leaving the game/AFK" reports?
afk isn't reported to tribunal?

DrunkenNynja

04-30-2013

Wait..... you mean we get a warning when people report you?
Who cares, I pay for this game, you scrubbies can suck my cck.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-30-2013
30 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoresuMakashi View Post
Presumably disabled for the unskilled player category?

What about inappropriate name? Could save support some time, since AFAIK they have to manually namechange players.
Yes, Unskilled Players and Inappropriate Name are handled separately and do not trigger alerts.

Cliff Walrus

04-30-2013

@Riot can you explain a little more about how one would get these warnings?

My weekend usually goes like this:
1. get drunk
2. play LoL

To my knowledge I haven't been reported to the tribunal yet, but if this warning system picks up on swearing/offensive language and/or "bad" scores, I'm boned because swearing and dying is pretty much what happens and probability increases at the night goes on. That is not to say I'm purposely feeding or trolling normal/ranked games or that I just get tanked and go lose games... I'd say I'm a fairly supportive player who will cheerlead so to speak like:
"its ok we burned their flash"
"dont worry we'll get em next time champ"
"ill try to gank more but play safer"

At the same time I'll tell it how it is. The flamer screaming in all chat "noob team/scrubs/gg fed x champ" to stfu with their 5/10/0 raging at the guy who is 4/8/6. Everybody gets pissed off about losing, that's why its called losing. So will I get into trouble for verbally ***** slapping sense into players?

footfoe

04-30-2013

yeah always wanted to know if i was being reported or not

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-30-2013
31 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceberry View Post
Now what about people who are the negative ones who report everyone else for every little thing? Then how will the warning be accurate?
As mentioned in the post, the system calculates the accuracy of every report and uses report weights to determine whether a report is valid. Toxic players who report everyone in every game will not be able to fire alerts or send anyone to the Tribunal. Their reports just do nothing.

m0biusloop

04-30-2013

I'm glad to see that this is being implemented. I know for sure I'm one of the people who can have bad days that snowball into league, and I've been suspended twice already for raging at/trolling my teammates. I try really hard to either say nothing or be encouraging, but a lot of the time I can't help myself from responding to others who are being negative towards me.

I know that as soon as a warning would pop up, I would just call it a day and go do something else. Sometimes when you're in a crappy state of mind you don't even realize the extent of what you're doing, or that you've been acting like a dick for a whole bunch of games.

geekyalex

04-30-2013

Thank you Lyte, this is awesome!