[FEATURED] Behavior Alerts - Nudging players back on track

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mukataan

04-30-2013

Hey Lyte
Does this pop out for all reports or just those that are judged by tribunal? I mean would someone get this notification for e.g. "leaving the game/AFK" reports?

The Philosogamer

04-30-2013

This would have been nice to have before I got banned. You know, when you NEVER told me why I got banned. When you insisted that you emailed me but there was never an email to look at. Yes, this would have been REALLY FREAK'N GREAT RIOT. -.-

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-30-2013

I'd like to explain a game I had recently!

I was taric support and my adc was cait! It started off nice enough with everyone being cordial with each other! As support I had my lane covered

with wards but they weren't enough to keep their jungler from wrecking both cait and I! Their jungler comes in and cait was not paying attention to

my wards! Then when she was trying her best to get away I healed her to make sure she lived! But their jungler continued to attack under our turret

and cait stayed too long and too close! By this time my cool down was not reset plus I was trying not to die myself because this cait forced me to

be over extended with her! I was clicking my heal for all my might on her hoping that the cool down would reset in time but it was too late! She died!

Which I knew I was going to die but ciat did not have to if she had just evaded them a little bit! I threw my stun at them trying to keep them away

from her but it was not enough! My stun went in before she could even get a shot on them! While she was dead and I was fighting for my life she

called me a re/tard because I had gotten the kill on their jungler only because I stunned them trying to save her! Which she called me that because

I didn't heal her! I had already healed her and was trying to heal her again but my cool down was not done! After all this happened her rude comment

got under my skin hard! I then in all chat began flaming at her for that comment! Saying things like fine cait just for that negative remark I will not

heal you at all the rest of the game! Which I kept good to my word! Healing minions instead of her! I also told her at one point to go heal because she

wasn't getting it from me! She then had another death and called me a re/tard again! I then began spamming all chat come on cait call me re/tard

again come on do it! I will report you for it! Which I did report her for that! I probably deserved to be reported for my offense but I was doing all I could

to save her and still was not able to do it! Up to the point she called me this she had said a few things in team chat but afterwards with my telling

her that I would not heal her and then telling her to call me a re/tard again at her every chance I could she got extremely quiet! All I was telling her

was that her negative attitude had only made things worse but I may have gone overboard with the comments directed at her in all chat! We lost that

game needless to say! I also told her after I died to their adc and support that I had just healed her before their jungler turret dived her and my heal

wasn't up again! Milliseconds is all I needed to heal her again and she would have gotten the kill and I would have been able to get away from their

adc and support!

This is probably one of my worst offenses! I would think!

KJ Riot

04-30-2013

Please do this soon cause quite frankly ive had some bad days (2 warnings now) where I just cant control it, a lil tap tap on the shoulder saying hey, calm the heck down before your banned, would be nice.

SoresuMakashi

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
For toxic players, the system works a bit differently. If players go wild with toxicity, they will be sent to Tribunal regardless of the alert. There is very little a toxic player can use from alerts to gauge where they are on the punishment ramp.
But what about player perceptions? While the Tribunal case-building might not take into account alerts, toxic players will to some degree be more at ease with their actions so long as they believe that they can get away with it. This could temporarily increase their toxicity (until they get banned, of course).

I'm not sure how big this effect might be, but has the team considered it?

SoresuMakashi

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Yes, the alerts specify a report category.
Presumably disabled for the unskilled player category?

What about inappropriate name? Could save support some time, since AFAIK they have to manually namechange players.

swilson

04-30-2013

Great stuff Riot, this is something I've wanted for a long time. Haven't been punished by tribunal before but I've had some runs where I rage a bit among my 4000 or so games. This would help.

Diceberry

04-30-2013

Now what about people who are the negative ones who report everyone else for every little thing? Then how will the warning be accurate?

H0rnyDOGG

04-30-2013

We still demand a fix for champion select

Talymar

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva Yuga View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6323630/
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6387196/

I played more than 200 games for past 2 months and I never troll for any of those games. And your reform card doesn't prove that I've been trolling.

People are more likely report me for not win the game or team comp they want to see in lobby. People just flame me and reported me for not react to their anger because I didn't want to be involve in their flame party. If someone start to flame person 1 and that person 1 is not flame others or defend himself then people think that person 1 is reason why they losing.

All my tribunal cases, people played bad or make their own mistakes and yet I didn't report any of them for playing bad or simply press report like they did to me.

I don't really mind about being suspended for 2 weeks. But you have to re-think about how broken your tribunal is to people who trying to play for fun and different ways other than just copy+paste pro players..

PS. Are you guys deleting my post and reply?
People who defend people like this should actually read the chat log. For example take a look at the second case, game 1. The good part starts at 20 minutes.

That's one of the most obvious giveaways, but there are many more similar ones in both cases.

What this guy is doing is he is trolling in game, but he doesn't say anything, buys mostly normal items, and for long parts of the game he plays normally so that his stats look OK. He does this because he thinks that he will be able to get away with it.