[FEATURED] Behavior Alerts - Nudging players back on track

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garlyle Wilds

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's insanely high compared to the average active player in League of Legends. Secondly, he has a high rate of reports that are against players that by our metrics don't deserve them. But, let's focus on Behavior Alerts in this thread.
Ugh I really don't want to throw this discussion off so sorry in advance, but I do have to ask: I'm pretty sure I report at close to that frequency. I have little tolerance for bullcrap in terms of treatment of other players, but I always do it based on in-game attitude and abusing players rather than just "well he had a crappy game report him".

Assuming, for a moment, that someone does report with a really high frequency but does consistently report accurately, do their reports continue to carry a solid value? Neverminding if I do or not, I just want to know the theoretical case.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-29-2013
29 of 47 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlyle Wilds View Post
Ugh I really don't want to throw this discussion off so sorry in advance, but I do have to ask: I'm pretty sure I report at close to that frequency. I have little tolerance for bullcrap in terms of treatment of other players, but I always do it based on in-game attitude and abusing players rather than just "well he had a crappy game report him".

Assuming, for a moment, that someone does report with a really high frequency but does consistently report accurately, do their reports continue to carry a solid value? Neverminding if I do or not, I just want to know the theoretical case.
If it's highly accurate, then yes, your report weights remain very high regardless of the number of reports you file.

Captain Antifun

04-29-2013

"The data suggests that over 92% of players are Neutral or Positive."

I suggest you check your data again and RECHECK it.

Want real feedback? Make a new account, play 1 game, and tell me if you get well manned players.

Catonmars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2013

This is actually a system I've been waiting for. I have the same kind of problem you're talking about and I really think an occasional nudge would help. I never get banned for like 3 months at a time then suddenly I'll get banned again. I think this'll help a lot by letting me know when it's getting out of hand. Just a suggestion if you could, add an option to throw on "Limited chat" for players who got a warning. I would gladly put limited chat on myself to avoid a ban if I know I'm getting reported a lot.

Encouraging

04-29-2013

How low will a player's report weight have to be before the system stops sending notices from their reports? Is there an accuracy threshold or just a bottom percentile of the population that the system won't trouble players with?

When friends start reporting each other after group-queue games just to proc the message and hear their friends react in Skype, will their report weight fall below the threshold before the joke gets old?

Linaeus

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMansRevenge View Post
Lyte, I see you use the phrase "vast majority" very often, and in various contexts. I'm curious, what (percentage) constitutes a "vast" majority? It obviously seems to take on different values in different contexts, but I wouldn't ever consider 60% to be vast, and even something along 75% seems to really be pushing the term.

In the future, perhaps giving a number similar to your 92% from the original post would be much more useful than the ambiguous "vast majority" we see all the time.
I think this would be a good idea as well. There are many tribunal naysayers who will always claim numbers are made up, but there are some who might be swayed if an actual number was used rather than a word which can be interpreted differently by everyone.

texasone1

04-29-2013

I've suggested a system that uses toxic banners for those players that have a toxic rating! Would this be possible in the future or has this been ignored or not seen?

I'm posting this thread address here so you can see what i'm talking about but after I get a chance to edit this post!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...norable+system

Garlyle Wilds

04-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
If it's highly accurate, then yes, your report weights remain very high regardless of the number of reports you file.
Thank you very much

ploki122

04-29-2013

Just wondering, but is this on the PBE yet? Because I've been asking people to report me, and I've yet to get warned...

texasone1

04-29-2013

HONORS for you riot! I like this idea! As far as my own behavior! I do not believe I have many reportable offenses! Though I know that I may have made a few mad at me when I couldn't possibly get kills and really tried during a game but just had a bad game! Back when I first started playing ranked games I was awful but have picked my game up considerably! Which I know I was reported then!