Morello Want to Rework Poppy

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mahoh

04-26-2013

I want her to be pretty like Trist. Poppy right now is a man with pigtails.

rathy Aro

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlWayneJenkins View Post
I am a platinum poppy main and I can say that if you think she needs buff you are simply unskilled. People pick up champions and seem to think that THEY should do well. I play poppy almost every game as top, jungler, or support. I have no problem carrying games. Unless you have a couple hundred poppy games under your belt you really lack the depth of understanding to adequately judge my favorite champion. Her kit is elegant and rewards one for perfect mechanical play and patience. In lane if you are using your abilities to try and farm, YOU ARE TERRIBLE. When I lane i NEVER use any abilities to farm. Her mana issues stem from the player using her kit incorrectly and nothing more. Her mana costs are kept high with good reason.
Ker kit has a unique combination of or mechanics. The attack animation can be cancelled with movement allowing one to deliver blows while chasing. Her charge also cancels the animation and the q is one of the best resets in the game. Her paragon stacks rewards you for "pulling" a couple minions of the line to stack before initiating and are maintained by constantly running up to the opponent and "tagging" them with an auto->q. Her ult can't be cast while charging which means you are vulnerable while positioning and the split second before the charge completes. Her charge can be used to cancel a flash and the phantom stun is actually predictable with experience.
Her passive opens up a lot of build paths to counter the opposing team and often allows one to eschew early game MR in favor of some CDR or dmg.
She is probably the only champion that can make use of every item in the game effectively. There is no set build path for poppy and every game offers a unique challenge in terms of itemization.
Sorry you can't just memorize a build and faceroll with overly tuned base damage regardless of opponent (jayce, khazix, elise, etc.). Her interaction with sheen is unique (apply the sheen proc as magic dmg with q or use w or e to apply it as physical?).
Poppy is not a champion for the weak minded meta sheep. She is meant to be played by someone with complete mechanical understanding of the game. Sorry if you lack the insight to understand this.
Poppy is stupidly strong when played to her maximum potential but there probably isn't a player alive who can fully utilize her kit.
Even after hundreds of poppy games i STILL feel like an amateur. Poppy is the champion that has the most to her kit. Any attention will be a direct nerf.
She doesn't need a rework, or a buff, just to be left alone. She's the hardest champion in the game to master and subsequently the strongest when played to perfection.
Please stop asking for buffs or nerfs. We all see what riot is doing to trundle and I couldn't bear to lose poppy.
Pretty much how I feel minus the hyperbole ( =P ).

zeroempathy

04-26-2013

What about the Ryze remake

Morello

Lead Designer

04-26-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Well, there are two choices; I'm OK with both to some extent;

* Rework Poppy and make her a real pick in League, balance appropriately.

* Don't rework Poppy, and never ever buff her, and nerf her if she ever sees play.

Clarence

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Malice View Post
Poopy does not need a rework AT all, she does need a very slight buff to improve her farming and that's it. The best suggestion I've seen is to make her Q refund part of the mana on minion kills. like GP's Parley.
or irelia q?

Frenzied Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

* Don't rework Poppy, and never ever buff her, and nerf her if she ever sees play.
Give he a better AA response time, her CSing is terrabad.

type1Rush

04-26-2013

Quote:

How do you come to that conclusion for Option 2?

Is that the same standard you use for Shaco also?

Is Option 2 why Tryndamere and YI were nerfed?

IS1b9658da2596f2ad5b7d9

04-26-2013

Quote:

Just do your thing Morello, you can't please everyone. I would like to see Poppy get some love :P

Enigma Requiem

04-26-2013

Quote:

Because if she ever sees play, with her kit, it basically means she's OP?

I mean, I could see comps where the entire focus is getting someone like Poppy, Jax, Vayne, Veigar, or Nassus really really REALLY fed, and thus 1v5 the enemy team- I'd say that, with Poppy's ult, this would make her REALLY OP.

WavesBlade

04-26-2013

Quote:

Just one question.

When reworked, because we know its gona happen:

Will she keep her Q and E, because charging someone into a wall and SMASHING THEIR FACE IN is HIGHLY satisfying.