Game crashes during loading (no bug splat)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter900

04-21-2013

So after champion select on the majority of my games, the game will crash while loading. I get no bug splat but I do get a send-to-apple error message window. The client stays open and displays the "there is a game in progress" message, the one that comes up if you pull it up during an actual game. Since the game actually isn't running I usually close the client and try to re-open it. I then get the message "A version of this program is already running, would you like to terminate it?". The interesting thing is that there are no processes relating to LoL running on my mac and it still says that. (And yes, I'm even including the ones like "UserKernel" which don't appear related to LoL but are. If I terminate it and log in it will pull up the "Game in progress please reconnect" screen. However the same problem occurs if I attempt to reconnect (Though I have gotten it to work once or twice). For a while repairing it would stop it for about 2 games but now that doesn't fix it. 2 last things that might be helpful: I've never had this happen on games with bots (so custom with bots and coop vs ai work) and I've been not connected in at least 10 matches in a row trying to tweak my settings to get it to work and I haven't gotten any messages from the leaverbuster (it's surprising how many people will willingly enter a game with someone who says that their computer might crash, leaving them in a 4 v 5, idk why)

I'll upload my logs tomorrow after I've finished re-installing if I still have the problem. Hopefully you can fix this or re-installing will fix it, if all else fails I'll try iLoL again.

tedleoyay

04-21-2013

I'm having the exact same problem right now. Just tried to play a game and noticed my game window crashed after loading, even though my LoLClient is still open. I quit the client and reconnect to game but again I crash after loading.

What's going on?? I'm too scared to que again.

I got hit by leaverbuster earlier this week for unrelated events where I had to leave a game due to real life emergency so I really hope I don't get reported and banned for this.

edit: Yep, when the game ended the game statistic chat thing popped up and I got reported for leaving and have a Leaver in my match history... this is so unfair!!

inseinik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

04-24-2013

Bump

I'm having the exact same problem. The client is quitting itself on summoning screen. It's rly annoying.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I was going to wait until I saw some logs to comment on this thread. It looks like the OP is not delivering this time .

Is this EVERY game? Do you notice if it's happening with a specific champion or skin? Does it always work to reconnect?

Pira8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2013

I have experienced the same client crashes as the OP indicates... NO bug splats. The client just disappears and when you check your task bar the client is still running but I have no way of loading back into the game. So, I'm forced to quit client and log back in. I have never had this problem before only recently. I think it has happened three times so far within a week.

I don't use Mac.

Mimars

04-25-2013

I'm having a similar issue. Is there a place where the logs are stored? No error message popped up. It just closes.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimars View Post
I'm having a similar issue. Is there a place where the logs are stored? No error message popped up. It just closes.
I don't believe it, but apparently search actually works!

In any case, try here or here for how to find your logs.

Baxter900

04-27-2013

Sorry about not posting the logs. When I posted this I was unsure which games I had crashed on and which I hadn't so I didn't post any. Then when I tried to do other games it worked perfectly until I started having the client not loading at all. Apparently for whatever reason UserKernel sometimes gets deleted by the game. So I fixed that but then after about 2 games, the game started crashing when the floating League of legend logo appeared. Long story short, I've been playing with iLoL because I've never had any problems with that.

To answer your questions RiotBrentmeister:

It's almost any pure PvP game. Customs work fine, even with every person an actual person. Co-op vs ai works fine, but any others don't (didn't try tutorial but I'm sure that works fine too).
Interestingly, spectating also crashed.

Occasionally I was able to get into a PvP game but that was about a 1 in 15 chance.

As far as I can tell it's not related to a specific champion or map. I never got a chance to try repairing it because it fixed itself for a couple games after I repaired it (it does work for one or two games sometimes after being repaired) but then I ran into other issues with the official client and went back to iLoL.

To make it clear, I do get an error message but it's not an official bugsplat error message. Instead it's the mac one that automatically shows up when anything crashes which sends the data to apple and only apple.

For anyone having this problem, I'd advise just going with iLoL because I've run into three different bugs since I tried this client. The first was this, the second was the game not opening (luckily there was a fix for that), and last userKernel crashed.

I will reinstall and try to get the logs but I am unsure if the issue will be recreated and I won't have other problems.

Baxter900

04-27-2013

Alright this time the game worked properly but for whatever reason it bug splatted when the game ended. I have no idea why because other than that, everything seemed to work like it's supposed to.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-27-2013

Definitely post your system specs. Assuming you can replicate the bug again, Id love to see the logs.

The UserKernel disappearing is an entirely different issue.

The "A version of this program is already running, would you like to terminate it?" message happens when the game exits improperly, either force killing UserKernel or clicking yes on the dialog box will allow you to relaunch the game.

At this point I'm not sure if there's any actual difference between iLoL and the official client, so it might have just been a corrupted install.