@Morello (Official!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
452 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpain18 View Post
How is that possible that champions after being barely touched (either nerfed/buffed) for years get nerfed quite hard and considered OP? How can you determine that it's either just an outcry from people getting owned hard or it's actually a considerable opinion?

The latest example for this is Lux.

Other can be the state of Morgana. I think she is not in a good spot at the moment. Can you tell us a little about your opinion on this?
I answered this in sole of the original threads;

Champion balance is relative. As such, it fluctuates based on factors that are not directly the champion themselves. If we nerf X, it's possible that previously balanced character Y becomes too strong as a result.

The other answer is that one for of power creep people often don't notice is player skill. As players become better, they learn and expose new power ceilings on champions. This may mean the champion was always OP, though no one knew how to get that potential out.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
453 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
Are most releases now going to be major patches like the Friejord revamp? And is the Friejord revamp patch slotted for this week or next?
No, most patches will not, but we like these types of events!

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
454 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignos55 View Post
@Morello
i want to ask why if you dodge a match when you are qualified for a promotional series yo lose 10 LP and you have to start again even if you have 2 wons and 0 defeats? i think that is a lot of punish just for a dodge

and another hand, do you have plans for pantheon? like skins, buffs, nerfs, lore changes, remodel or something like that?

i think that you maybe should punish the dodge marking it as a lost match in my opinnion that would make it more fair
Because we don't want people dodging to prevent themselves from fighting powerful comps. Yegg and the team can speak more to this.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
455 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WukongBR View Post
Well I know i'm asking for everyone here..

Any plans for Talon?

Seems Khaz and Zed have placed the bar for AD Assassins WAY higher than where Talon stands now.
We're taking a look. Not sure on the diagnosis the guys have on this yet though.

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-24-2013

Is it possible for Tryndamere to get some bonus to his ult? The fury bonus is bogus, since u can't Q heal then ult and Q heal afterwards due to the cooldown so pointless to gain that fury. Also most people in normal SR only put 1 point in the ult and its last to max, due to little benefit except less cooldown.

Another possiblity someone else suggested was some sort of bonus having max fury. (like lifesteal bonus)

Edit: Can't there be a buff to ghostblade maybe to make it more effective towards melee AD carries only? Or similar items?

Disdroid

04-24-2013

Morello, Riot woke my spirit when I heard that Draven will get a new skin. I crossed my fingers and only thought "firedancer, firedancer, firedancerrrrrrr...!"

Aaaaaaaaaaand something inside me died when the gladiator was revealed.
WILL WE SEE FIREDANCER DRAVEN SOMEDAY??!!
greetings from Switzerland by the way
Neighborland to Italy by the way >

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
456 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLaughLol View Post
If/when will a new map come out like Summoners Rift, possibly with a huge jungle, 6 v 6 that would be like a more complicated successor to Summoners Rift?
If I have my way, it won't. I have some massive threads discussing this very topic in-depth!

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
457 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Hi. What do you think of Irelia currently?

Also, MR. It feels awful to buy Negatron Cloak upgrades at the moment. Sometimes I prefer to just sit on 2 Negatrons because Veil wastes stats on mana, and Catalyst is an awkward build path, the passive on SV feels wasted, QSS is pretty weak (MR-wise)for its slot if you can't make use of the Scimitar, and Abyssal, well, it's Abyssal. I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking about it right, but when I already get so much health out of buying armor items, and what I really need is MR, it feels like I'm being screwed by unnecessary stats.

I mean freaking Randuin's gives me 70 armor and 500 health as well as a very useful passive and active AND the build path feels great. Spirit Visage has a passive that can feel wasted, its build path is meh, and I get 50 MR and 200 in the slot from it. That feels really weak late game, when even as a tank I'm being torn apart like wet tissue due to what feels like low MR.

And Bulwark feels pretty crappy for personal MR because you also have to buy armor and health regen. And the jungler and support usually get it, so it doesn't feel like an option as a top laner.

also i hope morello-senpai notices me today
Attachment 670469
I think MR is pretty "good," but agree we're not making it feel very cool or good, especially compared to armor. I think this is a good thing to look at, agreed!

Morello

Lead Designer

04-24-2013
458 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Guy View Post
Why necro a thread instead of making a new one? Doing it this way just makes it much harder to navigate.
A lot of the philosophy I talk about here still has relevance today.

Akorvyr

04-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because we don't want people dodging to prevent themselves from fighting powerful comps. Yegg and the team can speak more to this.
Fighting powerful comps is fine for me, I like a challenge. It's the trolls I want to avoid