@Morello (Official!)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
445 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakue1 View Post
Why isn't traditional trundle keeping his arm running animation? Is it because it would cost too much money to make a remodel for his one skin? (that you are giving away for free anyway)
When remaking a character entirely, a lot of the goal is to up the total visual fidelity (the same reason that Nidalee doesn't have a "triangle feet" version of her now that we updated her). The new model does need to be the new standard to accomplish this, and that means using the same animation rig as well.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
446 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I thought about making a post just saying: "What's up Morello," and leaving it at that, but I won't.

I've noticed a lot of people saying that Ashe is in a bad spot, particularly with her passive. With the Freljord patch on the horizon, WAS there any discussion about changing/buffing Ashe?
We are looking at her passive. I don't think I want to see much else, though.

Cambuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

Where did ranked badges go?

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
447 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betw´xt View Post
Why does Gangplank's animation cast times take 2000 years?

can you also give us a list of every champion's ability animation cast times? In Dota this is public knowledge and is a recorded stat and part of balance. Seems like in league it's just powercreep and laziness.

There has been absolutely 0 red posts mentioning animation cast times and there isn't a list of stats we can look at, but it's clear that this stat exists in the game
It's actually designed that all cast times are static unless otherwise dictated (.25 second casts). Ones that are not that are mini-channels or have gameplay reasons, like Karthus ult or Caitlyn Q.

It's not a stat because it doesn't vary as wildly as it does in DotA - it's part of what makes our combat snappy and responsive.

Terra Enigma

04-25-2013

Morello do you plan to nerf/buff Rammus?

LOLOL BYE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2013

Can you please reply to this thread?

It has a lot of attention and I'd like some insight

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3227909

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
448 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTruExSketch View Post
How has your perspective on the game changed since your initial post here in 2010?

You can be brief :P
My high-level ideals are largely intact, but how to make that come to life has changed quite a bit. Design "learns" as a craft, so if I felt the same on everything today, that'd be an issue!

Additionally, looking back, I think the problems with LoL in 2010 are very different than the things to work on today. Back in that day, we were just trying to get things from "OK" to "good." In 2012, the focus has largely shifted on going from "good" to "great" - that's a good thing because it means instead of fixing problems like 5-fighter meta, broken stealth and out-of-control AOE, we can do things like itemization and other initiatives that aren't plugging holes in the dam, but adding gameplay overall.

Aavak

04-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We are looking at her passive. I don't think I want to see much else, though.
With regards to Ashe's passive, now that it's been brought up, would it make sense for it to give % crit chance for consecutive auto attacks? I had a full thread of idea's for an Ashe remake if you would like to take a look at it.

Morello

Lead Designer

04-25-2013
449 of 517 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreallyFATguy View Post
Is heimerdinger getting a rework ? I hope he does because i love turrets.
He is!

Dreggon

04-25-2013

Are you nerfing Veigar?

(say no)