Insanely long download time!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krodyr Orinas

04-17-2013

So I'm downloading and updating my mac client for LoL and its taking a ludicrous amount of time. Its downloading at 8kbs and says 111 hours download remaining even though I'm at 90% finished.

Its not my internet. I checked and my speed was rated at 4.74 megabits which is about 600 kilobytes per second. Why the hell is the game downloading at 8 kilobytes per second? Are the servers THAT taxed? I mean come on. Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm on a Mac so no, its not a firewall or antivirus.

Is this just an issue with the Mac client or something on their server side? Is there anything I can do about it? Thanks

Btw 2011 MacBook Pro OSX 10.7.5

derekSKH

04-19-2013

It shows that the speed it at 300 kb/s.but it takes thousands of hours to download
sorry for bad english

Tati Kringel

04-23-2013

i am just stuck at 96% on the top bar and 94% on the bottom bar. please help

inseinik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-24-2013

bump

It always took me about 10-15 hours to patch League of Legends.

Riot Games: Please stop patching champions and in-game contents but the Mac Client itself. It is very laggy and it really prevents people from playing League of Legends

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We haven't recorded any slower download speeds on the Mac than on the PC. One thing to remember is that you don't have the Pando installer on Mac OSX. This means the first time you patch it has to download a megapatch that installs the entire game. This can take a considerable length of time.

The 8Kbps is inaccurate and something we're looking into fixing. Usually this happens right when you get near the end of the patch.

Grim pk dude

04-24-2013

this happens to me as well but my client wouldnt even open so i tried reinstalling a couple times and it just stops with the top bar on 94% and the bottom one on 91% and all the mb is downloaded but the percentage isnt and after about 10 minutes says unspecified error, please help? i have the latest mac os x as well

freak99

10-18-2013

ive been downloading the game for 3 hours now and it is stuck ay 98% on the top and 96% on the bottom and is taking still a extreamly lengthy time to download plz some help would be appreciated

Uruchi

10-31-2013

mine is windows NA server ,and it stuck at 99% top and bot bars remaining is -14:-8 wtf does this mean (is there negative time) , and its not downloading , its uploading , and if it's seeding the game or so , its 4.6 GB downloaded at 512KBytes/s in approximately 5 hours , then it needs more 40 hours or so to upload as my upload rate is 64KBytes/s . what do u think i say ????
F**k this S**t
i have limited download/upload capacity and it takes much of my capacitance and i dont like that

BeautifulMystery

12-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruchi View Post
mine is windows NA server ,and it stuck at 99% top and bot bars remaining is -14:-8 wtf does this mean (is there negative time) , and its not downloading , its uploading , and if it's seeding the game or so , its 4.6 GB downloaded at 512KBytes/s in approximately 5 hours , then it needs more 40 hours or so to upload as my upload rate is 64KBytes/s . what do u think i say ????
F**k this S**t
i have limited download/upload capacity and it takes much of my capacitance and i dont like that
This happened to my MacBook Air in one of the updates,I don't take full credit for this solution, I don't remember where i got it, but its somewhere around the forums, I recommend opening and closing the client about 3 or more times (open>close x3 times or more) until it doesn't get stuck around 96% of the upload. When it's around -13:-8 or 3453234:45:82 (let's say) time estimated for upload to finish, just simply close the client and re-open it.You may have to do this several times, However, if this process doesn't work i am sorry for any inconvenience i've caused, I am just simply trying to help.

asdfchamp7

02-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4TH3RIN3 View Post
This happened to my MacBook Air in one of the updates,I don't take full credit for this solution, I don't remember where i got it, but its somewhere around the forums, I recommend opening and closing the client about 3 or more times (open>close x3 times or more) until it doesn't get stuck around 96% of the upload. When it's around -13:-8 or 3453234:45:82 (let's say) time estimated for upload to finish, just simply close the client and re-open it.You may have to do this several times, However, if this process doesn't work i am sorry for any inconvenience i've caused, I am just simply trying to help.
i think this is helping. download is significantly faster. I pray this works!