Community: "Buff Fiora" / Riot: "Sorry, too busy!"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Ratz

04-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, the answer is "we can't just buff an ADC that is melee because they're binary in their success/failure; either too strong or UP."

Fixing these characters, including Fiora, is something we're working on, but is longer-term than a numbers-fix.
How do you plan on doing that? Item changes? Individual champion remakes? What ideas are being thrown around?

GoldenPlana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

she's balanced

Morello

Lead Designer

04-23-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ratz View Post
How do you plan on doing that? Item changes? Individual champion remakes? What ideas are being thrown around?
Basically some items, but also play patterns that tend to have more escape potential or upfront burst. It'd make them more "assassin-y".

Fuzen kuden

04-23-2013

Quote:
No, the answer is "we can't just buff an ADC that is melee because they're binary in their success/failure; either too strong or UP."

Fixing these characters, including Fiora, is something we're working on, but is longer-term than a numbers-fix.
can you turn her into one of your ad caster. they seem to be loved by you guys the most. >.> and they seem much easier to balance

Betw´xt

04-23-2013

don't forget that if you buff Fiora you also have to buff GP

or leave him in trash tier, that works too

Yook

04-23-2013

Fiora is probably the least fun champion to play against as I'm pretty sure there is no counterplay to her kit besides don't attack her when shes parrying. I really hate her mechanics and I'm pretty sure that I stand with a lot of people when I say that I'm fine with her always being on the weak side.

Edit: I understand this isn't a popular opinion to state in this thread, maybe help me understand how a fiora has counterplay.

Masterm111

04-23-2013

So Morello, with this buffing people, have you guys thought about rengar and helping his jungle?

Mr Ratz

04-23-2013

Quote:
Basically some items, but also play patterns that tend to have more escape potential or upfront burst. It'd make them more "assassin-y".
Thanks for the answer. I am excited to see the results. My only concern would be other roles abusing these items. Similar to BotrK

Rismart

04-23-2013

Quote:

LeBlanc enters in this category and yet she hasnt been fixed yet... I would like to get some details in these works to calm down the comunity that play these champs, even if it is a simple "we are testing X and X changes"

Xemozu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2013

And doing something like lowering mana costs / CDs / increase passive amount of hp regen, perhaps number of stacks by one. would break her? I mean, Can't you do "placeholder" buffs that still leave her underpowered/unviable. but SLIGHTY closer to a balanced state? Buffing base armor/armor per level/health/health per level. So many options... Just tweaking those arbitrarily by A BIT. would break her at low elos? I mean it's not like there are no champions that already pubstomp...

I'm not even specifically talking about fiora, but Riot seems to completely forget about some champions at times. What about Olaf? Gutted into the ground. I PERFECTLY understand that you don't want to OVERBUFF a champ, but doing a really slight tweak like just decreasing mana costs by a bit always helps, without putting the champion into nasus-state.