@Riot: AnnouncerVoice

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arthas Menethil

12-06-2009

So I think the general consensus a few weeks ago was that the new announcer voice is, well, poor. I can't say cr*p anymore because it might offend a six-year old.

ETA on it changing back? It really ruins the atmosphere IMO. I like to hear a man growling, not a female soothingly telling me I'm GODLIKE!

(on second thought... O_O)

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

12-07-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback on the announcer Arthas Menethil. The response to the female announcer was actually relatively positive, and far better received than the male announcer. So while we are moving towards some great features that will definitlely address your issues in the future, we are likely to stick with the female announcer for the time being.

toonX

12-07-2009

perhaps rotating announcers when different updates come out?
or maybe at the start of a new season. that would be tight.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

If you keep the announcer female she has to compete with TF2's announcer.

thundercraker

12-08-2009

Actually I think that we should have both mixed together. The fact is that the female voice announcing "Welcome" or "Allied tower destroyed" etc etc is good enough. However, when it comes to the announcement of kills (i.e: double kill, triple kill, godlike and other streaks) a certian aspect of masculinity is required - for which a male voice would be far more suitable.

Alokin

12-09-2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9AcG0glVu4&translated=1
take this girl for announcing the kills ;D

Captain Scro

12-09-2009

^wow thats bad. plz no
ooownnnddd

P.S. yeah the smoothness of the voice is a lil bland. Needs some emotion GODDDDLIKEEE

Arthas Menethil

12-10-2009

Hmm, well, how about a female with more oomph? She's too calm. O_O

Fraenk

Adjudicator

12-10-2009

I have to disagree with Arthas, i really like the female announcer and I would appreciate it if the her voice would stay.
Im not a fan of "evil" deep voices in such a colorful and pretty landscape full of funny and happy midgets ^^ It just doesnt fit in.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information