Mac beta wont open

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HCH L

04-05-2013

same problem here now, after upgrade today.

R3VOLUT10N

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzy92 View Post
Ok I fixed my original LoL client that wouldn't open.

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
Open package contents of League (2)
Now: Contents
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

Hope it works for you guys.
worked for me too thanks!

04-06-2013

Quote:

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

Thank you so much Swizzy92! This worked for me the moment I tried it. Very easy and quick fix to the problem. Thing is, I never even had a UserKernel file. Not sure if that was me tampering with the settings or just some random mishap.

Thanks again!

Shakesfear

04-10-2013

same prob

CelticBrute

Senior Recruiter

04-12-2013

Same problem, my client will not open.

Chinesegamer200

04-16-2013

Quote:
Hmm. Well you definitely aren't copy/pasting the log files. I don't know if we have/had the same problem, but for me, LoL 2 package content should have a working UserKernel application while the LoL 1 should have one that is busted. If your LoL 2 launches and tries to patch itself like normal while the first one doesn't AND my directions don't work then you might have a different problem sorry.

Basically if your system folder doesn't look like the screenshot I sent you then just follow the directions. If it does then...
what is lol 2 is it ilol from boompje?

Vahnn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

I got the same problem. here is the report

Process: RiotMacContainer [314]
Path: /Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/MacOS/RiotMacContainer
Identifier: com.riotgames.MacContainer
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [63]

Interval Since Last Report: 266 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 7
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 7

Date/Time: 2013-04-16 19:05:49.610 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version: 6
Anonymous UUID: 709A7FE2-7AD1-4475-B30C-2C80CD3CCEB8

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
unknown required load command 0x80000022

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-16-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

WARNING: This bug can manifest if you have a case-sensitive filesystem. We currently have no plans to support a case-senstive filesystem but you can create a case-insenstive virtual drive or partition on your Mac to still enjoy League of Legends!

Can someone experiencing this problem do the following for me?

Right-Click on League of Legends.app and "Show Pacakage Contents".
Naviagate to Contents/LOL/RADS
Delete the folder titled solutions
Navigate to the projects directory.
Delete the folders titled lol_air_client, lol_air_client_config, lol_game_client, lol_game_client_en_us (basically delete everything in /projects except for lol_launcher!)

Open a new finder window and go back to /Applications. Right-click on the League Of Legends.app again but this time select "Compress League Of Legends.app".

This will create League Of Legends.zip. Upload this in the post if possible or post a link to the zip on an upload site such as https://mega.co.nz/

This will hopefully give us a broken install that we can tinker with to get to the exact root cause of this error. Thank you for your time and sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

Ogdain

04-18-2013

Quote:

LOL
RADS
system

Can I just say you're awesome? Official fixes are often slow to appear, especially for a marginalized section of the community like Mac users.

I would never have figured out what the problem was myself, but following your instructions I was able to get it working again. Thank you!

terranivium

04-20-2013

after a few weeks of trying to sort this, i think i have isolated the problem. It's the install repair in the launcher tht is messing up the files, re-install and don't use repair and it should work every tme.