"We have Shen, Amumu, Blitzcrank, they will surrender at 20! "

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keonyn

04-19-2013

OP champs stop being OP if they're played poorly. They're not guaranteed wins by any stretch. Besides, Shen isn't really OP so much as he adds a wrinkle to the gameplay that some have trouble countering.

Bossob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
One of the weirdest solo queue tactics I've seen work is to not ban Blitz and let the enemy team get him (though it is a weird gamble).

It can often bait someone into picking Blitz because he's strong, and then that person has little practice or time with Blitz, losing the game
But the problem is it can also backfire horrendously if they have a good Blitz and your team isn't used to playing against Blitz :/

Happened to me one time, except for with Shen. It was like: "****, they first picked Shen. Oh well, they're just picking Shen because they think he's OP. Right? Right?" Loading screen come up. Shen has Frozen (or was it Warlord) skin. "Whelp, we can still win...I think?" Shen then goes on to turn thwart every gank/do 4 man ganks bot because our top didn't have a good gapcloser+interrupt. ._.

Krynul

04-19-2013

Quote:
One of the weirdest solo queue tactics I've seen work is to not ban Blitz and let the enemy team get him (though it is a weird gamble).

It can often bait someone into picking Blitz because he's strong, and then that person has little practice or time with Blitz, losing the game
in addition to this, the champions may be strong, but they aren't without counters. For example, when I want to play taric, i ban blitz only because he messes with my playstyle, not because I fear him in and of itself.

If i'm Malphite, I'll ban Darius because i can't stop a darius with malphite.

It's more valuable to me to make sure what I want to do is unstoppable than it is to worry about whether my opponent even knows how to use the champion.

RumbleTheDìgger

04-19-2013

Quote:

Is it true you have a dungeon hidden beneath Riot Games Inc where you worship Irelia?

Drejer

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12fingerJIM View Post
I do the same with amumu. btw, as long as you're here, do you know how much the TPA skins will cost?
Obviously I'm not Morello, but I have reason to believe they will be 750 RP.

This is a quote from Hippalus:

There will be more 750 skins released this year than 1350 skins, including five very cool 750 skins before the end of June...

It isn't much of a stretch that 5 750 skins will be released before the end of June, and there are 5 TPA skins in the works.

Grimalkin II

04-19-2013

because sheep

12fingerJIM

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drejer View Post
Obviously I'm not Morello, but I have reason to believe they will be 750 RP.

This is a quote from Hippalus:

There will be more 750 skins released this year than 1350 skins, including five very cool 750 skins before the end of June...

It isn't much of a stretch that 5 750 skins will be released before the end of June, and there are 5 TPA skins in the works.
cool, thanks for the current speculated answer

Gooner1990

04-19-2013

Quote:

I sometimes do that, and just pick champs that want to get grabbed anyway. We once ran Amumu/Malph, and just let Blitz grab us all day lol

Teemo Support GG

04-19-2013

Quote:

Then you get that one game, where the blitz is a blitz main and you never let him go unbanned again.

Ever.
( I also ban alistair every game...even though i've never seen him picked in 100 games when i don't get to ban..but...i won't risk it D: )

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossob View Post
But the problem is it can also backfire horrendously if they have a good Blitz and your team isn't used to playing against Blitz :/

Happened to me one time, except for with Shen. It was like: "****, they first picked Shen. Oh well, they're just picking Shen because they think he's OP. Right? Right?" Loading screen come up. Shen has Frozen (or was it Warlord) skin. "Whelp, we can still win...I think?" Shen then goes on to turn thwart every gank/do 4 man ganks bot because our top didn't have a good gapcloser+interrupt. ._.
This. The ban is to not have to deal with both good and terrible Blitz/Malph/Shen/etc. because they are retarded annoying when at either end of that spectrum.

See also Twisted Fate (ally ult to get back to lane after b, enemy ult to four man gank bot with Shen), Ezreal (why does our carry have IBG, Shiv, BotRK and Lizard, enemy Ez's ult always up and always annoying) and so on.

123456 ... 8