an idea for shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dargath

04-19-2013

I would like to amend my previous statement that it is also extremely fun (Timmie) to win (Spike) with an "off-build". Like...AD Anivia. You play it like an AD champion, using the abilities such as the stun to "Help" you auto attack more, like AD carries mostly have abilities that just help them auto attack better or get in a position to. That's super fun, when it works. And it's still super fun anyway, because it's just funny.

This is the mentality that people who ask for AP ratios on AD ratios have, I think. It's fun, it's funny and when it works it is rewarding!

Krynul

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I am intrigued by people who want to play non AP champions as AP. I don't understand the attraction. If you are someone who thinks this way, can you explain why you think some champions should be able to be played AP or AD, and why this increases your fun? To me it's sort of like saying that you want to build Mundo as an assassin, but there's no mechanics or items available to make it possible, and I don't understand the want.

Thanks!
I have to support you on this. AP Shyvana would play almost exactly the same except her Q would now be useless. Get close to enemies with her W, hit enemies with her E, Dive into enemies with her R.

Gryphon48

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by olridey View Post
im not even happy that riot responded to my post
Stop whining like a little child. The idea of AP Shyv is stupid. You're not going to get what you want.

MobiIe Ward

04-19-2013

Please put more ap ratios on ashe. AP ASHE IS SO FUN!!!! i think it would be awesome if she was viable. You could put an ap ratio on her volley. and make it so her q does magic damage on hit like teemo does.

ArlanKels

04-19-2013

Quote:
Some things to think about when wondering if it would be a buff. Building armor pen would make it do more damage if it did physical damage. Mobs in the jungle don't have any MR, so it does lots of damage to them in it's current state. There might be more points to think about, but I can't think of them.
That is the crux of the issue.
Champions who use magic damage tend to get a nice speed on Jungle. Zac is a good example, as is Mundo.

As soon as you start tweaking that around to physical you inherently nerf them, requiring some form of buff to compensate. This could then lead to them running out of control outside of the jungle.

AP Ratio on her W will create a new monster that will need to be tested thoroughly. I expect you'd see something like a Sheen/Rylais/Rod of Ages build which has a good deal of tankiness and good magical damage.

It would also create the fastest clear time ever in the jungle, as it's easy to come in with a nice deal of AP on a champion at level 1.

They'd probably need to lower the damage a little, which would hurt AD Shyvana.

Dargath

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynul View Post
I have to support you on this. AP Shyvana would play almost exactly the same except her Q would now be useless. Get close to enemies with her W, hit enemies with her E, Dive into enemies with her R.
However it would be different because it would basically play like a mage. You would "nuke" people with your abilities and then just walk away until cooldowns are back to deal more damage.

Shyvana as now just sits there and deals moderate damage over time by walking around and hitting people and her abilities compliment her ability to deal damage over time. So it would be a giant burst nuke and then walk away as AP Shyvana instead of walking around bopping people to deal damage over time as she is Bruiser style.

Rowanoake

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Bronie View Post
I would like to amend my previous statement that it is also extremely fun (Timmie) to win (Spike) with an "off-build". Like...AD Anivia. You play it like an AD champion, using the abilities such as the stun to "Help" you auto attack more, like AD carries mostly have abilities that just help them auto attack better or get in a position to. That's super fun, when it works. And it's still super fun anyway, because it's just funny.

This is the mentality that people who ask for AP ratios on AD ratios have, I think. It's fun, it's funny and when it works it is rewarding!
League of Legends usually has interesting blends of the Timmy-Johnny-Spike personalities. threads like these are very interesting for that reason (among others).

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
I am intrigued by people who want to play non AP champions as AP. I don't understand the attraction. If you are someone who thinks this way, can you explain why you think some champions should be able to be played AP or AD, and why this increases your fun? To me it's sort of like saying that you want to build Mundo as an assassin, but there's no mechanics or items available to make it possible, and I don't understand the want.

Thanks!
Not trying to be rude, but who are you to say shyvanna is a non ap champ? What do you think sion is?

Edit: (I wanna ask another question) has riot ever ran by the idea of shyvannas flame breath shredding MR? The reason behind this is the same as why I question her not being AP-- 3/4 abilities deal magic damage and 2/4 scale with AP

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-19-2013
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
That is the crux of the issue.
Champions who use magic damage tend to get a nice speed on Jungle. Zac is a good example, as is Mundo.

As soon as you start tweaking that around to physical you inherently nerf them, requiring some form of buff to compensate. This could then lead to them running out of control outside of the jungle.

AP Ratio on her W will create a new monster that will need to be tested thoroughly. I expect you'd see something like a Sheen/Rylais/Rod of Ages build which has a good deal of tankiness and good magical damage.

It would also create the fastest clear time ever in the jungle, as it's easy to come in with a nice deal of AP on a champion at level 1.

They'd probably need to lower the damage a little, which would hurt AD Shyvana.
Oh, another thing. Since she does 2 kinds of damage right now, it makes defending against her more difficult.

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

@griftrix

I'm no expert but here is a guess I have. Some people like a champ yeah? Lots of people may like a champs voice, personality, lore, looks, ect, but not like the playstyle. Like say idk Miss Fortune. I love MF. But I'm terrible at ADC and even when I play it and do well (rarely) I don't really have much fun. Now if I build mage fortune (spellfisting!) suddenly I can play her mid as a mage and have tons of fun with a champ who everything except the being an ADC part makes her one of my fav champs in the entire league.

Another example, AD Sona or even AP Sona. She's my literal fav champ in the league but supporting can be so dull...

but yeah that's my perspective on things. (yes i realize the ad sona thing kinda goes against me hating adc)