an idea for shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-19-2013
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olridey View Post
okay this is my last post ill make since i said i was gonna go to sleep but lied because its 6am in the morning in australia

it seems like this riot guy is avoiding the topic of ap shyvana by replying to comments kn a thread i made about shyvana when these comments are about other champs idk its a conspiracy or something whats his motivation to hate ap shyvana?

that didbt make sense sorry

but come on give her w an ap ratio and ill never post on the forums ever again
First of all, I'm not trying to avoid anything, I'm just trying to understand what you and other players are thinking so I can myself learn and better relate to the community. There is no conspiracy (but if you think there is, me saying there isn't won't change that, because you will still think it's part of the conspiracy, what do?).

Secondly, I don't want you to never post again! We like players posting on our forums as long as they do it in a constructive way.

I Am Tolan

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I just want to pick on this one part. If you mean kit and playstyle sense, then cool. If you mean logic sense, then why can't flying characters ignore trees and walls?
zac, doesnt understand that statement.

olridey

04-19-2013

feels like theyre trying to shut down any conversation about ap shyv thats why im unhappy

Jasado

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
feels like theyre trying to shut down any conversation about ap shyv thats why im unhappy
No one else feels that way but you. What started making you feel that way? It's no good to make much ado over nothing - especially if no one else gets why.

Friendly Cadaver

04-19-2013

Quote:
First of all, I'm not trying to avoid anything, I'm just trying to understand what you and other players are thinking so I can myself learn and better relate to the community. There is no conspiracy (but if you think there is, me saying there isn't won't change that, because you will still think it's part of the conspiracy, what do?).

Secondly, I don't want you to never post again! We like players posting on our forums as long as they do it in a constructive way.
Read my post on page 7, I think the numbers will help you understand the potential.

Prince Kassad

04-19-2013

Quote:
I just want to pick on this one part. If you mean kit and playstyle sense, then cool. If you mean logic sense, then why can't flying characters ignore trees and walls?
I mean kit and playstyle too, in addition to the logic of having a fire ability be magic-based. Burnout AP scaling would give Shyvana more offensive options (solidifying her role as an versatile DPS jungler), it would work with all the free magic damage she does (since magic pen items/masteries also tend to give AP), and it would help champion diversity (since right now Shyvana is kind of a health/AD metagolem). Also, AP bruiser Shyvana would have a different playstyle than AD bruiser Shyvana: she would have more poke with Flame Breath and burst damage with her ultimate at the price of less sustained single-target DPS. However, AD/AP/hybrid Shyvana would all have a similar role on a team, which is important to fulfill your team's expectations. Morello once said AP Tristana is problematic, because she is a burst assassin instead of the long range carry that your team thinks you are going to be. AP Bruiser Shyvana wouldn't have this problem.

ArlanKels

04-19-2013

Quote:
The main reason for AP ratios on champions who don't utilize them is to reward players who purchase AP items that they can't utilize to their fullest otherwise.(I believe this was actually stated by a redname a year and a half to two years ago?)

An example is if a teammate purchases WOTA(AP+Spellvamp aura). If you don't have an AP Ratio you're only getting part of the aura, which cheapens the value on the item.

Another example is Sheen, a highly useful item that has AP and Mana, both of which do not help Shyvana a whole lot...you know...cause. Yeah.

But the Sheen bonus is very helpful to her. By adding in an AP Ratio you're opening the door for her to get more out of Sheen than she already does, which means you'll see it happening more often.

My personal opinion is that Shyvana should have AP Ratios on her W/E/R, due to the magical nature of them. Her Q should be raw AD. However I'm an ordinary guy who is crazy.
yay crazy

Rowanoake

04-19-2013

Quote:
okay this is my last post ill make since i said i was gonna go to sleep but lied because its 6am in the morning in australia

it seems like this riot guy is avoiding the topic of ap shyvana by replying to comments kn a thread i made about shyvana when these comments are about other champs idk its a conspiracy or something whats his motivation to hate ap shyvana?

that didbt make sense sorry

but come on give her w an ap ratio and ill never post on the forums ever again
different rioters do different jobs. i don't think Griftrix, as an animating engineer, is in charge of fiddling with AP ratios. just because he can't answer your question doesn't mean he's trying to avoid or downplay your question. don't get too upset! everyone is asking good questions here, and one Red post means more might happen!

Friendly Cadaver

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
The main reason for AP ratios on champions who don't utilize them is to reward players who purchase AP items that they can't utilize to their fullest otherwise.(I believe this was actually stated by a redname a year and a half to two years ago?)

An example is if a teammate purchases WOTA(AP+Spellvamp aura). If you don't have an AP Ratio you're only getting part of the aura, which cheapens the value on the item.

Another example is Sheen, a highly useful item that has AP and Mana, both of which do not help Shyvana a whole lot...you know...cause. Yeah.

But the Sheen bonus is very helpful to her. By adding in an AP Ratio you're opening the door for her to get more out of Sheen than she already does, which means you'll see it happening more often.

My personal opinion is that Shyvana should have AP Ratios on her W/E/R, due to the magical nature of them. Her Q should be raw AD. However I'm an ordinary guy who is crazy.
yay crazy

Crazy is good. I'm a big fan of the unorthodox in LoL. How could anything be created without a bit of Crazy?

Rule665

04-19-2013

One thing that has always bothered me is that her W ratio is AD but it deals magic damage...wonder if she would be buffed by changing this to AD damage.

Also what if a slow was added to her Q? Between the MS on her W and armor reduc on E, this buff could dramatically improve her gameplay