Why isn't Nocturne played often?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freja

04-19-2013

I love Nocturne.

Schmucky85

04-19-2013

I don't know if rushing Hydra is the best way to go but it works for me really well. Helps you farm super-hard and synergises really well with his AS and AoE passive. I usually play him if we need an assassin-anti-carry, if mid is more of a beefcake like Ryze or Gragas. I wouldn't pick him with an Akali though.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-19-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdifully View Post
I love Nocturne.
Nocturne loves you as well. It's actually a recording error in his VO that we never fixed. He's not supposed to say "darkness" when he ults. He's supposed to say "Who wants free hugs?" If you don't believe me, then why does he have those big hugging arms he holds out when he ults?

WC3betterthanSC

04-19-2013

he's not as faceroll as vi, j4 or xin zhao

LTnoodleburger

04-19-2013

free week nocturne player here... Nocturne is pretty good, he even sees some occasional action in the LCS.

Apple Bluum

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Nocturne loves you as well. It's actually a recording error in his VO that we never fixed. He's not supposed to say "darkness" when he ults. He's supposed to say "Who wants free hugs?" If you don't believe me, then why does he have those big hugging arms he holds out when he ults?
I want free hugs!

Vaelix

04-19-2013

I actually play and love Top Nocturne.. but I can say..

Currently in s3.. if you're not a Utility / Tank jungler who rushes Locket/Legion in every single game.. you pretty much cripple your team.. and I'd say thats one reason hes not seeing a ton of play. Theres pretty much zero diversity in the jungle at the 'pro' level.

Andres X

04-19-2013

Actually, the truth is, he doesn't disrupt enough.

That is why he ain't used often, unless TSM use their global comp.

If not, any other S3 jungler can zone or peel like a boss, Nasus's Wither destroys the carry, Volibear will make you run like a girl or die, J4 can lock up people, etc.

Noc just dives, so then who is taking care of your own carries peel? For Solo Q he is strong as ****, but for pro teams, he isn't a top pick atm, viable, but not optimal.

Sgt SquirrelBait

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
If you see the other team pick Draven, pick Nocturne to jungle. Get yourself a botrk or BC then FM or randuin's, dive and win.
its get hydra why hydra cause hydra pretty much gives him his passive for the entire game. Plus gives him another free aoe move.

Kraz Kzraxus

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subilin View Post
Actually, the truth is, he doesn't disrupt enough.

That is why he ain't used often, unless TSM use their global comp.

If not, any other S3 jungler can zone or peel like a boss, Nasus's Wither destroys the carry, Volibear will make you run like a girl or die, J4 can lock up people, etc.

Noc just dives, so then who is taking care of your own carries peel? For Solo Q he is strong as ****, but for pro teams, he isn't a top pick atm, viable, but not optimal.
This is why the ulti range needs to be buffed

Seriously, why so many nerfs on him? D:
He needs more love!