an idea for shyvana

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
But AP Janna is really strong. Her kit works with it very well. This doesn't seem like it's (to quote Westley Snipes) "ice skating uphill".
A champions kit has to at least somewhat synchronize with what you're trying to do. If you have no AP ratios and you're building AP, there's seriously no point to it. You put your team at a huge disadvantage than if you took another route.

I play AP Janna in the jungle as well, and it's somewhat similar to your example of jungle Galio. Is it meant for the jungle? No, but you can make it work because their kit has something to synch overall, building him as an AP jungler. If you built him as an AD jungler, that would be less effective, and you'd be building that way for absolutely no reason.

olridey

04-19-2013

Quote:
I am intrigued by people who want to play non AP champions as AP. I don't understand the attraction. If you are someone who thinks this way, can you explain why you think some champions should be able to be played AP or AD, and why this increases your fun? To me it's sort of like saying that you want to build Mundo as an assassin, but there's no mechanics or items available to make it possible, and I don't understand the want.

Thanks!
if you dont understand why im posting about this can you ask someone from riot that can to reply.

I'm posting about adding an ap ratio to her w since i want shyvana to have what could be a new and fun playstyle. I've always loved playing shyvana but whenever i try to play her in a way thats out of the norm of tanky bruiser people hurl abuse at me and its no fun. if riot didnt want people to ask about ap shyvana on the forums everyday thy should never have put such high ap ratios on two of her skills in the firt place since whenever i see those ratios i like to imagine how badass an ap shyvana would be if she were just a bit stronger

Ashesofanangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Personally, I've always loved champions who can go down multiple paths. As for alternate play patterns, I used to think Thresh was cool, but probably someone I would never really invest much in, UNTIL I played adc Thresh. I immediately had to have him, because the normal play pattern of attacking with a scythe on a chain is cool, but the adc play pattern of doing that at mach speed as handfulls of health fall away with each swing is a wonderful thing to behold. I even hope he receives tweaks in the future to make his adc side more viable without impacting his support strength very much.

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2013

Quote:
I am intrigued by people who want to play non AP champions as AP. I don't understand the attraction. If you are someone who thinks this way, can you explain why you think some champions should be able to be played AP or AD, and why this increases your fun? To me it's sort of like saying that you want to build Mundo as an assassin, but there's no mechanics or items available to make it possible, and I don't understand the want.

Thanks!

Because crushing sheep/tryhards with low tier or non standard character options is what I live for.

When I can beat someone with something that isn't optimized while they are using something that is optimized, it really tweaks my dilly. It's an ego thing to me.

olridey

04-19-2013

im saying you dont understand because tou said you didnt understand the attraction and yhe attractionis there because theres two ap ratios on a champ that you never meant to be played ap. league of legends is a game and j think that being able to play shyv either way without getting raged at would make her a much funner champ

I Am Tolan

04-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by griftrix View Post
i am intrigued by people who want to play non ap champions as ap. I don't understand the attraction. If you are someone who thinks this way, can you explain why you think some champions should be able to be played ap or ad, and why this increases your fun? To me it's sort of like saying that you want to build mundo as an assassin, but there's no mechanics or items available to make it possible, and i don't understand the want.

Thanks!
rules are for fools man!

omegademan

04-19-2013

The last few times I was successful with shyvana I played as an AP tank. Sorc boots, Rylias, and the rest tank items. You basically become a fast Sejuani with multiple aoes.

olridey

04-19-2013

im gona drink skme coffew and get on my computer so i can hopefully make better points for my argument

olridey

04-19-2013

actually im going to go to sleep im tired but ill check on this post later

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

04-19-2013
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olridey View Post
if you dont understand why im posting about this can you ask someone from riot that can to reply.

I'm posting about adding an ap ratio to her w since i want shyvana to have what could be a new and fun playstyle. I've always loved playing shyvana but whenever i try to play her in a way thats out of the norm of tanky bruiser people hurl abuse at me and its no fun. if riot didnt want people to ask about ap shyvana on the forums everyday thy should never have put such high ap ratios on two of her skills in the firt place since whenever i see those ratios i like to imagine how badass an ap shyvana would be if she were just a bit stronger
I wouldn't worry about other Rioters seeing this. We look for red posts the same way non Rioters do .

In regards to the AP ratio on the E. (KEEPING IN MIND THIS IS A GUESS AND I AM NOT A DESIGNER) There are 3 options for the ratio on her E. Option 1 is no ratio at all. This seems like it could be just disappointing to players, but I really don't know if it's an OK thing to do or not. Option 2, put an AD ratio on it. This would make her kit much stronger, and would be a buff. If the champion is already balanced, this means that something else about the champion would have to be nerfed to keep her balanced. Option 3 is put an AP ratio on it, so that if you want to focus on that, you are sacrificing other aspects of the kit.

Also of note, sheen is good on her, and it has some AP on it, so giving her some AP ratios is a nice thing for a very controlled amount of expected AP.

My overall guess is it has something to do with meaningful choices. Maybe you want to rush sheen, in which case you may also want to max E first. I really have no idea though, and please don't go quoting this as Shyvana design gospel.

TLDR: (shrug)