What should we do with flash?

Nothing! 12,298 45.94%
Just get rid of it. 5,072 18.95%
Get rid of it and add some portion of the changes you are suggesting. 8,265 30.88%
Something else, comments in thread. 1,133 4.23%
Voters: 26768. You may not vote on this poll

What should we do with Flash?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFrEsHHx

10-26-2010

If you go for a gank and you forget to encounter that they have flash, then thats your fail

serverny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

1) Make flash not usable in combat (and maybe, for 2-3 seconds after combat), increase its range(and/or decrease cooldown) to make a better INITIATION tool, not free escape tool.
2) Nerf/rework gamebreaking AOE CC ults (Amumu, Galio), and never introduce such skills on new champions.

Also, while on topic, remove blind component from exhaust, replace with % attack speed debuff.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teskk View Post
I've NEVER had an issue with someone else using flash against me. It's not hard to counter. In the laning phase, make them pop flash. Harass them, hard if you can. It's reflex for a lot of people when you are at 30% health and the enemy rushes you, to flash away. Atleast in the 1100-1500 bracket. Once they pop flash get your jungler to come into position. They can't flash twice in a row now can they? While this isn't always guarenteed, it works most of the time. Flash isnt hard to counter if you have stuns or silences. You can't cast it upon recieving either of the two. And there are a lot of stuns and silences in this game.
THANK YOU. You sir are a smart player. Glad there's people around who are actually SMART enough to play against someone with flash.

By the way, last game I played, the whole enemy team had Flash (or at least 4 of 5) I EASILY saw from 7 to 10 FAILED escaped Flashes during confrontations. You just need to be a better player when you fight someone with Flash.

synergis7

10-26-2010

I don't use it, don't care if everyone I fight for the rest of my LoL career has it.

It's not like you can do it every 10 seconds or anything. I really don't see how it's stronger than Ghost (which I basically ALWAYS take). Honestly I think Ghost has far more utility overall.

flashers gonna flash. . .

HolyFroggy

10-26-2010

I'm confused, few weeks ago i asked about that flash remove from march and what happened about that. Then i got the answer that flash wont get removed, so I thought: ok so when its not going to get removed i start using it again.
Now it's gonna get removed? Stop changing your minds all the time Riot.

subninja

Champion Designer

10-26-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Make flash require that you are not in combat for 5s.

It means that you can use if for the following:
-dodge ults (pantheon, ashe arrow etc)
-get away from ganks BEFORE they happen (you see them coming)
-initiate
-escape if you have been untouched for 5s.

Not a get out of fail free card anymore.

Gorbi

10-26-2010

i think you donīt get rid ot the frustrating aspect when someone flashes out of a 5-man-gank, when he can megaheal+cleanse away instead

Wo0o0o0ble

10-26-2010

Make it uncastable for a certain time after you've been hit (by a champion or tower, **** minions)

Fandaran89

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by serverny View Post
1) Make flash not usable in combat (and maybe, for 2-3 seconds after combat), increase its range(and/or decrease cooldown) to make a better INITIATION tool, not free escape tool.
2) Nerf/rework gamebreaking AOE CC ults (Amumu, Galio), and never introduce such skills on new champions.

Also, while on topic, remove blind component from exhaust, replace with % attack speed debuff.
I agree with this guy on both points, in particular on changing Amumu, and Galio. Flash shouldn't be a get out of jail card, and it shouldn't be an omgbbq initiation spell which with Amumu and Galio is exactly what it does. This can be seen in particular on a team with both Amumu, and Galio as it allows for an almost automatic win in initiated teamfights with Amumu opening with his ult, and Galio following in with flash, and ult.

AdmiraI Pikachu

10-26-2010

There is nothing wrong with flash, don't remove it. I love using flash offensively, it rarely can be used defense due to all roots and silences. If people are escaping that often from you with flash, it is your fault not the games.