Leona Change: Please I beg you!?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naezma

04-17-2013

I can carry with pure tank Leona without building AP or AD.. I output more damage than what's dealt to me usually. If Leona would be able to consume her Sunlight passive.. I think she would become one of the strongest fighters in game. With massive amounts of CC, engaging, natural armor and magic resist, and high base damage.. Leona would just destroy enemies.

If anything, allow her ultimate to consume sunlight and then re-apply it.

Router ISIS 49

04-17-2013

in b4 "better nerf leona"

Morello

Lead Designer

04-17-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Only on minions/monsters bothers me a lot less. Worth a discussion with the team at least (though, Leona's not exactly weak right now...)
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.

Jake Compton

04-17-2013

God dang. That's a shame.

InternetTAB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

qq

Kell Dragger

04-17-2013

well it was worth a shot

Cheese852

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2013

WAIT MORELLO, DON'T LEAVE YET!

Theres only a ~7-8 second increase on clear time without a leash, I did the math. Nautilus, also without a leash, currently clears 30 seconds faster than Leona. Leona spends 1:35 fighting monsters while Nautilus only spends 1:05 fighting monsters. Basically, this change wouldn't even make Leona jungle viable in competitive, let alone deserve a nerf.

Try it out on the PBE at least? Please?

Ulevo

04-17-2013

"I will protect you."

Hm. Don't think she'll be doing much of that after she's nerfed from an unnecessary jungle buff.

Crossing

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Discussed this and we're not likely to add this.

Leona's pretty balanced right now, but her jungle would likely push her into an unbalnaced state. The reaction to that would be to remove current power (Rank 1 CC's or other core functionality) that would ultimately damage the character. Not worth the cost/benefit ratio to allow her to be more a solo character.
How about making it trigger for half the damage on creeps?

Cheese852

04-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossing View Post
How about making it trigger for half the damage on creeps?
Half damage on monsters and creeps would give her a 3-4 second clear speed increase, that's insanely low!