I don't understand why everyone is mad at the skin price changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metroidvania

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
No. I'd like to see it changed. They did it with goth Annie. They can do it with this. This is even further down the line than goth Annie was.
The difference is that Goth Annie was a poll on releasing a solitary skin for purchase as opposed to having to purchase it in a bundle after it was made clear on how awesome post VU goth annie was in relation to its limited availability.

This is a massive, all-encompassing change to the way one of Riot's main areas of business are priced and categorized. They are much more committed to this course of action, as evidenced by the announcement thread instead of opening of some sort of thread to discuss it.

Super Explosion

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Away View Post
what about armor of the 5th age taric??? What's so special about a pink recolor that it's still 975??
Fuzzies!

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

04-16-2013
21 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelhan View Post
I only have one question... when will we have the next Ultimate Skin release... next week, month, decade?
Month

Kolos1001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserturkey View Post
If you can't see or tell the effort = quality = higher cost then effort = higher cost is NOT correct and is flawed.

Let's say I can grow an apple the best ****ing apple in the world and it took me millions of dollars to do, I hand it to you and say oh it is 45 dollars, the apple priced else where is 99cents, you ask why is it priced so high and I say I spent 1million dollars and hours of time to make the best apple. By what you are saying you will just believe me, instead you should try the apple and make the decision.
What are you talking about? You're obviously on the internet and you can most likely get to youtube. You can go see every single skin and a demo of it. Hell just go on the pbe to try them out if you have an account.

Your numbers are ridiculous and detract from your meaning and the analogy is ****.

The bottom line is if you don't think the skin has enough quality to deserve how much it costs...DON'T BUY IT. It's your choice, no one is forcing you to pay.

Super Explosion

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Month
Oh! Oh! The secrets!

Based upon the tone of IronStylus, Xelnath chatting up vLemon, and the presence of Morello at 4pm regularly, I'd say it's a female Ultimate.

And potentially a Sona one!

Ding an Sich

04-16-2013

Quote:
Month
Holy hell you gave and answer without soon trademark! What have you done you fool!

cLo

04-16-2013

If Riot is going to continue to whip out new price points they need to do away with the RP system. I am SICK of having leftover RP and this is going to make it worse. Why can't someone just spend $10 for a skin? If I now want to buy a 1350 skin I have to pay $10 for 1380. This is stupid. In Dota 2 I can spend the exact amount of money I want for a cosmetic item as long as I spend over $5 dollars. Can we please finally do away with the ridiculous RP system and just use actual $ amounts?

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2013

Quote:
Month
So blackfrost anivia is ultimate then?

DUNKED

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Away View Post
what about armor of the 5th age taric??? What's so special about a pink recolor that it's still 975??
Zac.

Attilian

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroidvania View Post
The difference is that Goth Annie was a poll on releasing a solitary skin for purchase as opposed to having to purchase it in a bundle.

This is a massive, all-encompassing change to the way one of Riot's main areas of business are priced and categorized. They are much more committed to this, as evidenced by the announcement thread instead of opening of some sort of thread to discuss it.

And it's obviously pissed a lot of people off. I've tried to be civil and nice all thread long but I can't believe they have the audacity to make people pay more for the same content. And this is coming from someone who has over half of the "1350" skins.

I'm getting tired of being ignored while people who have positive things to say get reinforced. My plan that I've outlined would work perfect and honestly would probably net them more income due to the perceived "deal" people would be getting but because I'm not cheering riot for lowering skin prices on old skins (which is what any sensible business does anyway) I'm being ignored.