Champion Spotlight: Karma, the Enlightened One

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ira Nibanabane

04-13-2013

All the patches in the world wont fix the hole you left in the hearts of the people who used the real Karma. =.(

Also, as of the update, new "Karma" is still just a sub-par nuke mage...

lightdragoon88

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira Nibanabane View Post
All the patches in the world wont fix the hole you left in the hearts of the people who used the real Karma. =.(

So.....2 people in return for the hundred of people who play the new Karma.

.....I think I can live with that.

Ira Nibanabane

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
So.....2 people in return for the hundred of people who play the new Karma.

.....I think I can live with that.

It's been less than a month and I've only seen one person choose the new Karma in about 20 games (and all queues that go along with those). If that's the use frequency she's getting now (during the period where people are most likely to be using her) she's in pretty much the same position as before, except that the old users are unhappy.

TTTintillo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRohan View Post
Dear Riot:
I have several questions and suggestion about recent changes on the champion Karma. As far as what I understand, Riot decided to spend several month making a rework on Karma due to majority of summoners saying Karma has a low win rate, and comparing her to other champions, Karma is a weak champion that needed rework.

Like other summoners,I do agree that Karma needs a rework, and giving her a buff. But after the patch, I cannot say that I'm at all satisfied with the changes. Karma "was", yes, "was" my favorite support champion. I picked her up one day looking at her splash art and decided that she's a cool champion to play with style. She had unique play style that requires certain level of calculation of health to either bait or engage in fights. She had great utilities to bring for her team and sometimes turns the tide around and lead the team to success.

The new Karma had lost these unique personality after the VU and skill rework. Let's start from her splash art. She no longer carries those fans of hers that's cool and represent her uniqueness. The old Karma fans loved those fans and so do I. I can't see why is there such a major change into her VU that completely changed her personality. Yes maybe as you guys said, she still has her fans, but come on Riot, it's only when she dances we can see her fans.

Now to the skills rework and play style. This is the part where there are two groups of people that are continuously debating on the forum. I have to say great job making a buff to her AP ratio, but wait, why are the skills changed so much? Karma used to be able to be that person who can walk in the front with low HP and still can come back to full health in no time. I have used that to bait and turn the tides around but now I can no longer do that due to her weak healing, and that does not even including the change of lack in group heal. The lost of her old passive have greatly reduce her baiting potential and that just moved her position to an AP mid champion, no longer a support. Also, as the community has said repeatly, the ultimate skill Mantra no longer has two stacks. This change basically makes her even harder to play. She can no longer be the shield bomb that enters a team fight and walks out expecting the heal herself or her teammates. This change has truly hurt her in a support position and which is why lots of old Karma players are asking Riot to reconsider another skill rework, or bring back old Karma.

Please, Riot Games, this may just be a single player's voice, but this comes from the bottom of my heart saying the rework of Karma is unsuccessful and truly ruined lots of player's old favorite champion. And the fact that after 30 pages of discussions in the Forum, Riot has not have any responds makes me even more disappointed.

We, as in lots of old Karma lovers, have suggestions that can work out as a balance option for this champion.
1. Bring back the old Karma and give it a AP ratio buff with a skill change on her Spirit Bond.
2. For those players that love the new Karma. We suggest make 2 champions instead of just 1. That way everyone's happy.
3. This one comes from certain of us that feel strongly unfair on the rework. We think that Riot should have the option to refund all the skins and champion itself after such major changes. We bought the champion how it was, after trying it during champion free rotation. We should have the option to refund the new champion that we didn't purchase in the first place. I have also used up all 3 of my refund chances but if such changes happen to a champion that I once loved and now hate, Riot should really consider a refund on those skins and champion itself.

Hopefully Riot can give the community some answers about this matter. I have been looking at all the LoL related sites about responds about Riot's responds, but so far I get nothing. That's why I decided to personally write to you guys and search for an answer myself.

Sincerely, and hoping to see the return of good answers and return of old Karma that "was" once upon a time, my favorite champion.

MasterRohan
I agree with this guy. Karma just needed a rework on her W, you ruined her.

Ira Nibanabane

04-18-2013

Anyone still following this thread, go here and petition! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3293673

Flagorne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2013

Karma was one of my most played champion. I was doing great with her, loved playing her.

Now she just sucks and I won't play her anymore. She's become a completely different champion.

I want my rp and ip back

Ira Nibanabane

04-21-2013

Bring Up More Posts!

Until someone official closes the thread or gives us an actual answer. instead of some run around BS trying to tell us how unpopular the old Karma was and why they wanted to nuke and redo her instead of actually trying to work with what they had.

Ira Nibanabane

04-27-2013

bump

Ira Nibanabane

avarisce

05-03-2013

why is karma still so bad and were still kept in the dark about her progress. i jsut want to know if anything other than qol life buffs is being done to her. atm she just feels so lackluster. she gets out damaged out cc'd by almost every champ out there. she's like the watered down version of lux and ori and every utility mage out there. plus she doesnt even feel unique.