Skin RP price changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pangrine

04-11-2013

This would be much better news if they didn't just seemingly randomly decide to raise the prices of skins that have already existed for awhile.

Palpable

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exman33 View Post
i would like to point out that more skins are going down in price than are going up

Mostly bad skins that nobody wants

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exman33 View Post
i would like to point out that more skins are going down in price than are going up
I would like to point out that basically any skin that has custom particles is going up for the sake of going up

I'm not gonna buy a skin just for a few particles. Last time I'm buying RP from Riot.

And I've spent at least 250$ on this game GLADLY but this is the end for me.

KuranArialenne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2013

I think it's cool but I'd rather not have price increases. That makes no sense, generally the price goes down over time unless its' collectible but skins aren't really collectible because:
a) they aren't traded.
b) their rareness is dependent on how many people bought them and weather or not they are still available.
c) Some skins aren't even in the game anymore because literally no one who currently plays/plays that champ owns them.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

04-11-2013
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Huh... I was under the impression that the Party Fiddlesticks skin was going to be considered Legendary or near Legendary, but was priced at 975 RP as a "Thank you" to the fans on LoL's birthday. Weird seeing its price increased.

Similarly, I'm not so sure about some of the other skin price increases... granted some are probably worth more than 975, but it seems weird to be INCREASING the sales price. Like, how often do virtual stores sell the same product but at a significantly higher price point? It would be like Steam going, "Hey, 'The Walking Dead' just won a game award... maybe we should be charging more than it currently costs because it is so rad!"
An issue we're trying to fix is that players who buy Surprise Party Fiddlesticks and other premium skins are often disappointed now when they buy other 975 skins. By aligning the price to the production quality, we give players much more consistent value.

The opportunity to buy Surprise Party Fids (and other 1350s) at 975 was an extra value to players and will continue to be so for the next two weeks. We will continue to do things like that to reward players who were active at the time a premium skin is released.

Etrod

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv1 Facecheck GG View Post
Why would they give you anything back when you already got it cheaper than everyone else will be able to get it for?
Because some people are greedy, or are just plain dumb.

FutureSound54

04-11-2013

I would have liked It more if they priced the top tier at 975 instead of making the new top tier 1350, and making 1350 something extra special with extra effort put into theme and cohesion rather than every skin with particles. Keeping those skins at 975 and moving some older legendaries to 1350 and lower quality skins to lower price points would have been better than the rest.

Guess I won't be buying anything cool at full 975 price and instead waiting for 1350 sales to get them for 675 rp.

DoctorDrep

04-11-2013

People who bought the skin in the past 30 Days that bought the 1850 Rp should get the 500 Rp back for the skin

Wightraven

04-11-2013

At first I was a little disappointed because I bought a lot of skins that got price reduced. They were on sale at the time... but if they had been on sale while price reduced OH MAN.

Then I saw all the skins I've bought full price that got bumped up and I was all "heheheh."

An Exile

04-11-2013

I was curious. Is anyone going to get semi refunds for like the past 30 days or so or is that too costly? :<